Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 05:43 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Up with the lark this morning, in fact, I was up at 6 Best time of the day, all the birds are busy zooming around the garden and singing their little heads of, and if you get out with the dog, you feel like you've got the whole world to yourself, love it

Busy morning for me, got the van to do, but my new guests aren't arriving until 2pm so I can take my time to get it all ready for them.

Dave's quite chirpy, except that he's got a headache, but it can't be that bad or he'd still be in bed.

Zena seems fine though, and this is her last day of the extra tablets, so we'll just have to see if they worked, as I'm going back to the vet Monday for a check up as he asked me to. I am quite surprised that they never charge me for the 2nd visit, when my previous practice would always charge for the follow up.

Going to be a glorious week-end, for us darn sarf anyway, I even had to water the new lawn last night it was so dry.

Enjoy a lovely week-end everyone, and I'll try and pop in and out where I can.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Morning H and all,

I am so excited this morning as Charly, Ash and Harley arriving this morning. It seems ages since have seen them. They are staying till tomorrow and I can't wait for them to get here.

I contacted my lawn mowing lady yesterday and told her I wasn't happy with what she had done so she come back yesterday after I finished work and done it all again how I like it. My garden now looks lovely so now she knows how I like it I will keep her and she will come every 10 days.
I think I will get my garden table and chairs out today for the summer as its been so lovely and warm everyday in the sun in the garden, it will be nice to sit out there again.

H sounds like you are going to be busy. I hope Zena continues to do well and not give you any more worry..

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Morning Helena and bev.
Good luck with changing the vans Helena. Mind that back and I hope Dave's headache goes soon. Glad to hear he is in a good mood.
Morning Bev enjoy the weekend and glad the grass has turned out well.

I have scanned through d.a.d and wanted to say Sally your chat about what was bothering you was justified. (((Hugs))).
Lynne I was saddened to read your story. The end bit made me though.
Gordon that was indeed sad about Gypsy and sorry there was not a pup for you from the litter you were hoping for one from.

We are off on an exciting adventure today. The Bernese world wide walk. The title says it really. We are off to the walk at Brancaster beach meet 11.30. Can you imagine Dillon's excitement ? First time on a beach dogs to play with and his own breed not sure that will make any difference to him though. Also hoping to meet some local people well fairly local and who knows may be able to arrange some more walks together.
Yes we will take the camera.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

As you say another beautiful sunny start ... hopefully it will last the weekend.

I'm still sneezing like a .... ? .... 'sneezy-thing' so my poor brother is trying to keep his distance I did try and persuade him its only hay-fever but he no longer believes me

No plans today other than a nice dog walk and then get as much washing as I can do out on the line.

Helena I hope you've had a good walk before venturing up to the van site ..... it seems no time at all ago that you were in this routine and looking forward to it slowing down Hopefully Dave's headache will go ... I thought women were meant to get the headaches
Bev That's a relief sorting your gardener out as to how you want the grass cut ... one less thing for you to try and squeeze in to your already bulging agenda. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful weekend with the family .... I think we can tell just how much you are looking forward to it
Lynn Wow .... you and Gorden but especially Dillon are going to be in for a treat today ........ lets hope you end up coming home with the same dog ... the stunning Bernese markings are so similar ... well to me anyway Do you think you'll dare have him off lead? I can't wait to see photos and see how enjoyable it is.

See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Morning all
The weather seems bright hope it stays that way. I'm off to get weighed shortly, hopefully I have pulled it back from my eating what I like birthday week
Then going to get what I need from town, then take Rosie for a wander.
Hubby is going to paint our kitchen cupboards so hopefully they turn out ok.

Hope everyone enjoys their day and looking forward to the walk pics
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 07:55 AM

Okay really angry now, I just lost a long reply with individual answers, sorry can't do it again
Lovely day here, hope you all have a good Saturday see you all later, xx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Morning all. I've had a lie in this morning. Couldn't believe it was gone 8.30. Never mind there's nothing spoiling.
Sounds like an exciting day for you LYNN All those big cuddle monsters in one place. Enjoy it.
Good luck with the van change over HELENA. Hope Daves headache goes soon.
It's not clothes drying weather up here JENNY it's dull & showers forecast
Enjoy your weekend with Charly & Ash & of course the gorgeous Harley BEV. Lucky you it being warm enough to sit outside.
Just the usual today for me up to now. I'd better go & have a wash & get dressed so I can get Taff out before he thinks I'm not bothering
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Morning all! Am back from walking muttley and cooling off with a cold coffee before resuming some housework I insanely started quite late last night.

Helena
I'm loving the bird song here too. None of that in Makenzy town centre! I don't even mind the cockerel in the distance who seems a bit confused about times of day! Or the hunting dogs in kennels over the back who howl twice a day when it's feeding time. All of it beats loud TVs and music and noisy traffic and yobby kids!

We took the side pathway between the two developments here to get to the land at the back and wasn't another soul around. You can see how confident Bella feels here and the lizards are bigger and fatter so she's in heaven really (but still licking the stung paw a lot when home - tho it is not making her limp)

Good update about Zena (can't get that interested in the bloke update lol) I hope you are right about the weather as both my lads are off to a stag bash in Brighton for the weekend.

Madmare
I too get really over excited when I'm gonna see my kids! I now can't wait for Thursday evg to come when I pick Martin up from the Airport.

I'm glad you sorted it with your gardner. Good on you for taking the trouble to explain to her and not just getting rid of her and trying someone else. Sounds like you sorted the problem amicably to the satisfaction of both of you.

Lynn
What's d.a.d.?
The Bernese walk sounds just GREAT! How exciting for Dillon. I'm surprised that many people own them as yours was the first one I 'became familiar' with. Hope the weather holds for you (don't suppose the dogs will care!) Great way to get to know your new 'neighbours' - I've already palled up with one here because we met walking our dogs when I was just 'visiting' and we walked them together yesterday and she came back for coffee. Dogs are great ice-breakers. Look forward to seeing Dillon and the lookalikes later!

Jenny
I think you are suffering from hay fever (allergic rhinitis) more than a cold coming and going. I will send all my whites over to you as I'm not really in the mood to tackle them. You won't notice a few more. I'll be getting the DARK COLOURED towels out for Martin! Him and 'whites' don't gel well together!

Mandy
I don't really have much to contribute to 'weight loss' or 'diet' posts! (Not that I don't need to lose weight!) I eat what I like on my birthday and all the rest of the year round too (and it shows!)
But good on you and good for you. And glad you've got the weather for walking your dawg!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Morning Jenny, Lynne and Pat.
Pat d.a.d is dogsey after dark.

Ooops sorry missed you there Nippy Jen.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Just popping in, say a quick Hi
OH is in one of his 'We're going somewhere and we're going very shortly' moods
Hope you're all well,need to have a wee read through of GORDON's late night posting,but will sit back and enjoy that later ( looney toon )
Be good and have a great day,see ya later
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »