View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 01:34 PM

My glorious morning walk with Zena (gsd & views)

Thought I'd put up a few new pics of my glorious morning walk, only a 5 min drive from my house. I often refer to *going up the top*, so here's what that means for me and Zena.

Hope you enjoy them, have no time for comments I'm afraid, and there's far too many of them, but I think you will agree, it's a bit above the average for a morning dog walk

My starting point from the car park, and I can either walk as far as the eye can see there on the north edge, through all the woodland and back along the clifftops, or walk on the other side

This is the road which takes me onto the other side of the coastguards you see ahead of you.

Then we get to this

and then I have all of this, with the little paths taking me down to the sea, or the woodlands, and in all, there's 5,000 acres of it if I choose to, which I don't of course!
[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Helena54/media/DSC01035_zps93871f47.jpg.html][IMG]

Thanks for looking, and I will soon have a new wood to explore when it's dried out a bit, and hopefully, all the bluebells will be out when I eventually get there, so I will remember to take the camera.

Thanks for looking, nice walk innit
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Wow,that's fab you and ZENA are so lucky
She's gorgeous,really wanted to give her a hand halfway up that hill
Beautiful pics
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm jealous
Absolutely gorgeous day there as well Helena and Zena is happy as Larry isn't she, no other dogs for miles, you have it all laid out in front of you for you to pick and choose
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous walk, views and ofcourse Zena who is looking AMAHZING!!! but no piccies of you

Thanks for sharing... I am off out to walk in the rain in a bit!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Gorgeous walk, scenery, dawg......fabulous, lucky lucky you
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Stunning Helena. Lots of lovely traffic free places and such wonderful scenery too. My ideal dog walking experience.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Wow that's one lovely walk Helena. Zena looking lovely too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks all, I wondered if anyone would notice the lack of humans, which of course, is one of the best parts for me. You would love it here June with your girls, you could take all four of them out together and avoid the whole world up there.

If you look at pic 9, with the big tree in the front. That big line of trees in the background, one of those paths takes us all the way down a track there right up to the end, on top of the next cliff, we can walk around the end and back up, meeting a narrow lane (with no cars) and then back up to a little house, and then back along that top route that we're on. I don't do it often cos of the blinkin great big climb back up once I've got to the bottom edge of those trees, understandable, it's a cliff you're climbing, although the journey down is fab!

This is the big field below that line of trees, but I can't walk through that cos there's no path for us.

Always somewhere to stop and stare and give my poor old legs a bit of a rest! Look at the sun over the sea at 7.30 this morning Sorry Debbie

Yes, all in all, I'm so glad we moved over here cos there's nothing like this in West Sussex where we were, and although I'm always complaining about walking uphill, this does take some beating for a daily walk doesn't it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Ooooooooooh thank you H for those wonderful photos .... some of which I recognise. What a glorious day you have had too.

A truly magical walk and made all the better by having no company
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Ahhh my favourite ingredient for any walk - a BENCH!

Yes I did notice the lack of humans. But then you know I seek out places where there is a distinct lack of humans for my walks too!

And .... I've never met a dog I didn't like who was unaccompanied by anybody.

Almost all 'iffy' dogs have either had a human in tow or, more often a human somewhere in the vicinity but who was definitely NOT in control of their dog!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »