Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 06:39 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Wednesday already? Can't be! Up early again, which is what I needed, I must get out by 7.15 to get back in time for my trip down the town to get my hair coloured.
I wish I could get it cut, but it hasn't grown enough for her to rectify that last lash up the other hairdresser did.Talking of hair, I watched that BBC3 programme last night about hair, and I'm taping the whole series, cos you never know, I might learn enough to be able to cut it myself with the help of a few mirrors at the back lol. Jen, I hope your cut went well yesterday.

Dave home tonight, and we'll be very busy from tomorrow onwards, what with 2 vans to fire up and prepare, the new fridge to get up there, and of course, the final touches on the bathroom to be done, so I might be going a bit awol from tomorrow.

Hope everyone is ok, along with the doglets, we're fine, ear is looking good and only a couple more days and the ointment will be finished, so hopefully, Zena will return to normal in herself, i.e. complete nutter, which I miss

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll pop back lunchtime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Morning Helena. Enjoy your walk, hope the hair colour goes well and good luck with the vans tomorrow and the bathroom.
Glad Zena's ear is better.
Same old same old here today.

Jenny Nippy hope Brian's foot is feeling easier today.
Hope everyone is well and doglets too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

I too was up early and have been out with the boys already for a 30 minute walk .... so they are fast asleep again and I can go and do my food shopping shortly. I'm meeting a friend for another walk late morning which will be nice.

A lovely sunny day is forecast which I'm hoping we will get as we still have in excess of a hundred carpet tiles to dry out. Other than food shopping and my next dog walk nothing much on today .... just the same-old chores.

I hope you both enjoy your walks and good luck with the hair colouring H.

See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Morning everyone
Seems nice and sunny out here, only childminding for an hour this morning so going to take Rosie out about 10ish.
Had an awful shift at work last night, I was on the ftg counter and about 6pm these 2 blokes came to tell me they were going to clean the ovens, now usually when they come they do it after we shut, so I explained that I still needed them as we don't shut till 8 and I'd got some chicken in which would be 20minutes they said well we will come back after I've took them out and off they went for a drink. I called for the duty manager and explained what had happened. She went off go have a word with them, next thing the men came back and the shorter one laid into me, was really rude said things like 'I don't work 20hrs a day, I told you we won't be in way etc' I explained about the H&S aspect etc. I'm sorry to say I did lose my temper a little and shouted back but I was furious how he spoke to me. I get told how careful etc we have to be, so I'm speaking to my actual boss today, I'm not having it, he was trying to intimidate me, it made the next 2hrs really uncomfortable.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Morning Jenny fingers crossed the lovely sun we have here too stays and you get those 100+ floor tiles dried.
I have the bedding from the spare bed in the machine keep meaning to do it but shut the door and forget. Thought I would make the most of the sunshine too.
Mandy sorry to read about your awful evening. I thought these sort of companies which worked for commercial premises knew about working out of hours and factored that into their working schedule.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Nippy Jen glad you managed to get the colchicine 500mcg for OH 's gout hopefully once he has got shot of it if he keeps taking them then he should not suffer with it any more.

Mandy, sorry you had such a horrible time last night. Hope you feel better this morning.

Helena, Good luck with your hair colouring and also getting the vans up and prepared for occupation.

Have a great day everyone, take care. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Morning Moyra how are you feeling today ? A bit brighter I hope.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 08:31 AM
A retired missionary once told me there are two kinds of people.. those who say "Good morning God" and those who say, "Good God Morning!"

Seems to be the latter today; dogs are in deep disgrace and you really dont want to know why..

Dratted M.E has decided to go into relapse; tis the extra work and worry re the dogs but I don't grudge them. Y'day afternoon was falling asleep at the computer and slept over ten hours ....getting out of bed was.....interesting but there we are...

This too shall pass, all of it and I have library books, and knitting ( on to lacy mohair berets today.. winter white first..)

Going nowhere until hopefully Sunday when I will head for the Dingle.. I love my days out and so look forward to new places. Researching the Blaskets just now.

Mandy so sorry re the men. Maybe they were irish! We get that a lot here and I am good at "giving out" as they call it here without really losing it. Should not have to do that but there we are and often the only way to get anything done

Did it with Electric ireland recently as they were overcharging grossly on estimated bills and ignoring my readings... The overcharge was E100...

You go girl!

Helena the vans sound positively beautiful..
as for hair colouring! I have really none left now so see how much time and money I save
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 08:35 AM
beans!

A long time ago I emailed a friend in the UK who always has home saved broad bean seeds spare... Heard nothing so last Saturday bought 2 packets

Yep; you guessed. Yesterday a large envelope full of broad bean seed arrived...

Ah well, they are one of my favourite foods and freeze well and hopefully we will have a good summer for them..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Good morning Lynn, Feeling a bit better still got earache with tooth trouble I really should go get this molar out instead of putting up with it. Hope you are ok. Take care.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »