Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 07:09 PM

Tonks' new marks.

In the past few days some pink marks have started to appear on Tonks' muzzle and lips.

At the moment they are flat but I'm in two minds as to weather she has hurt herself while log chewing and rolling or if they are going to turn into more raised lumps/growths.

I'm keeping a close eye on them.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi Catrin I can't really see much from the photographs.
All you can do is keep a close eye on the patches .
I hope they turn out to be 'nothing much'.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:24 PM

Don't know if those are any better. She seems to have tiny raised spots coming on her nose as well, but those aren't pink. I will keep a close eye on them and took photos so I have some way of comparing. It's hard to know if something is changing when you see it daily.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh I love that face ! I would have thought that if they appeared suddenly, it is more likely to be scrapes from a stick or something, especially given where they are. However if there are more appearing on her nose, even though they look different, then that may rule accidental injury out.

All you can do is watch and wait, so good luck.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh I love that face ! I would have thought that if they appeared suddenly, it is more likely to be scrapes from a stick or something, especially given where they are. However if there are more appearing on her nose, even though they look different, then that may rule accidental injury out.

All you can do is watch and wait, so good luck.
Thank you. She was confused to what I was doing...and Remus kept trying to get a look in.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Hi, Catrin. Some marks appeared on Jade's nose that look like those... but smaller and closer to the inside of her nose. Will post a pic...

See right near her nostrils? Pink little dots on both sides near her nostrils. There is one more or so near the bottom of her nose these days.

I have kept an eye on them and they have stuck around but not changed. Do you think they warrant a vet trip?

They are flat and painless, and Jade has a very hard time at the vets, she has to be sedated for anybody to come anywhere near her face. I'd hate taking her to the vet for a stressful and fruitless trip...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hi, Catrin. Some marks appeared on Jade's nose that look like those... but smaller and closer to the inside of her nose. Will post a pic...

See right near her nostrils? Pink little dots on both sides near her nostrils. There is one more or so near the bottom of her nose these days.

I have kept an eye on them and they have stuck around but not changed. Do you think they warrant a vet trip?

They are flat and painless, and Jade has a very hard time at the vets, she has to be sedated for anybody to come anywhere near her face. I'd hate taking her to the vet for a stressful and fruitless trip...
Oh yes, they look similar. I know as dogs get older they often loose pigment in their nose and muzzle. The only reason why I'm worried about Tonks' is because two of the types of cancerous lumps she had removed were in that area, one on her lip and one on her tongue. I think Jades look more like elderly lady spots.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Oh yes, they look similar. I know as dogs get older they often loose pigment in their nose and muzzle. The only reason why I'm worried about Tonks' is because two of the types of cancerous lumps she had removed were in that area, one on her lip and one on her tongue. I think Jades look more like elderly lady spots.
Ahhh... yes I can see why you'd be more worried. Jade is almost 11 years old, so it makes sense that her spots are merely age spots.

I have heard that dogs can get these early sometimes? Much Like Nigredo already has gray inside his tail, and he's only a year old!!

Either way, I don't think they will be a problem unless they start growing or something.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Ahhh... yes I can see why you'd be more worried. Jade is almost 11 years old, so it makes sense that her spots are merely age spots.

I have heard that dogs can get these early sometimes? Much Like Nigredo already has gray inside his tail, and he's only a year old!!

Either way, I don't think they will be a problem unless they start growing or something.
Remus has grey hairs coming through on his neck too! I think it's just part of his markings, as he also has rusty charcoal colouring either side of his neck. Both my black dogs aren't actually black, they look black but when you stand them next to a black dogs Tonks has a very brown tinge to her and Remus is more charcoal/very dark grey than black. It's funny.😃
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 11:00 PM
If they have just appeared then I think they may be scrapes or similar but if more appear with no background to them then maybe a trip. Given the history of previous lumps/bumps.

Hope they are just scrapes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >