Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-09-2013, 02:04 PM

Long time a'coming... [picture heavy]

...but it is almost done!

They have not removed the top third of my ramp, what they have done is carry on with it from the original 30° left turn to the pavement, right across to my neighbour's bungalow, and also built up the original ramp so there is now a double width at the top, level with the new pavement! The ramp now goes across what is the equivalent of a double driveway between our two bungalows but my neighbour, theoretically my landlady, is only too happy for it to have been done.

Tomorrow morning they will come and give it a good soaking and reckon it will be OK for me to go on [on Xanadu] tomorrow afternoon.

It will be strong enough for The Silver Monster but I will have to wait for something to be done from the kerb to the road so I can get him safely down onto the road, but that is promised and now I really do believe that they will do it.

But - long time a'coming but it is 99% done now!

[Sorry about so many pics but I am still not used to this new camera]

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 02:07 PM

Lookin good...at last
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 02:19 PM
And Pereg out there to make sure everything is up to standard
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 02:31 PM
At long last. It's looking good now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Phew at long last.
Open the champers.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

02-09-2013, 03:00 PM
About time too
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Open the champers & light the fireworks Yayayayayayayay

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I don't often drink but I might raise a glass to your freedom to to tonight Malka!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-09-2013, 03:06 PM
From the edge of the wood edging on the right, before the first sticky up rod on the right was where my original ramp turned left to get to the then pavement. I had thought they were going to just carry on with a new ramp the same width but instead they also built up [at a slightly steeper but not difficult degree] the original ramp! So the end of the ramp/path is now double the width it was!

Pereg was absolutely brilliant. I only had to bring her in and close the door while they did the bit nearest to us as she was a bit scared of the guy with the rake/smoother, but apart from that and her initial rushing out and barking, she ignored them. And they actually listened when I told them to ignore her - not to look at her and never to tell her to be quiet.

Here she is, sitting in the doorway, watching what was going on!

Incidentally that is not a proper outside door width, it is just the width of an interior door, and my door is an interior one which is why it needs replacing every four or five years. It is only just wide enough for me to get Xanadu out, so Pereg is not as big as she might look.

But the ramp is just about done at long last and I now am sure that they will sort out the steps and do the clean up after Rosh Hashana. No urgency now though, is there!!!!!!!

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh thank goodness, at last you will no longer be a prisoner.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >