Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:04 PM

Our walk

I was really disappointed today when me & my daughter took Rosie on a walk, we wanted to go through the wood near us but couldn't get there the usual way that we would normally go because travellers have gone on to some nearby ground ( which is another walk spoiled even worse we think they have bought the land) but the way we walked today they have put horses on that ground which are able to roam free. Now I'm not scared of horses usually but these will walk towards you which is something Rosie is not a fan of. We were gutted because it now means a really long walk round to just get to the woods. I don't understand why they've had to put their horses on there because the land they are on is huge and used to belong to someone who had horses so why no keep them on there were there is fenced areas!!

Ok rant over!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Ah bless Awful when your lovely walk gets ruined.Hope you can find somewhere a little more peaceful
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm gutted, especially the about the area where the travellers are now based because its really peaceful up there, Rosie can race around to her hearts content, not many people walk up there so it's never crowded The walk to the woods is now going to have to be on a day where I've got an extra hour to spare ( its 2 hr walk normally) to get to it and back again
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Some people defend the travellers, but I find them offensive in the extreme, in virtually every way possible.

Such a shame that your walk has been ruined and I hope that they haven't bought the land as you suspect, and that they will be moved on in due course.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Shame. Hopefully they move on soon. Holly would kick up a fuss if a horse walked towards her as well.