Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 07:18 PM

Rescue kennel selling dogs.

I was most surprised today to hear that a local rescue kennels who says they "rescue" and re-home dogs, has in fact got a lisence to SELL dogs! No mention of rescue, a front I think, the conditions are dire and IMO they should be shut down anyway. Any "rescue" does not need a lisence (major shortfall I think) and they are only supposed to ask for a donation for the dogs they rehome. So all in all, a dealer in dogs me thinks!
Dawn.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
That's awful!!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 09:23 AM
That doesn't sound good as it's those so called rescue's that deter people from going to rescues in the first place...

What area is this one in? And can you PM me the name please? (I can dig about a bit )
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Its a kennel that has had bad press before. People seem to think that the dogs will suffer if they are closed down, believe me the dogs are suffering now and many have been sent back there because of behaviour problems due to the conditions they were kept in. The kennel is in the Mids, so a long way from you, I'll keep you updated.
Dawn.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Its a kennel that has had bad press before. People seem to think that the dogs will suffer if they are closed down, believe me the dogs are suffering now and many have been sent back there because of behaviour problems due to the conditions they were kept in. The kennel is in the Mids, so a long way from you, I'll keep you updated.
Dawn.

I know they are a long way from us, but we also have dealings with other rescue's nationwide Hence I asked.

I think I know the one you are talking about though. Getting them shut down is harder than people can imagine. As for the dogs suffering after closure. New homes would be found and I'm sure that all the rescue's would co-operate. Lets just keep fingers crossed that something is done...and soon.
doggy mad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2005, 07:13 AM
hi border dawn could you pm me name of kennels as i hope its not one i collect things for just want to check
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Hello Dawn i agree with all that you say except when you say they only ask for donation its true thats the words they use, but they actully give you the exact amount of the "donation" they will except thats what i call ****-eyed
The Charmed One
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I too know of a place like this thay ask you to donate a fee of £20 when you take a dog to be rehomed,Thay charge £1 per person to even enter the sanctuary,This I understand but then they charge up to £150 for a xbreed and more for a pedigree.I think this is just as good as saying they are a pet shop not a rescue center. The dogs home only ask you for £55 for a cross breed and £75 for a pedigree and all there dog have been seen by a vet and have been jabed and chipped at least from the dogs home you can say that you rescued them
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Hello Dawn i agree with all that you say except when you say they only ask for donation its true thats the words they use, but they actully give you the exact amount of the "donation" they will except
Yes this happens too, but for most genuine rescues you do get a healthy animal that has been kept in good conditions and the money will go back into the welfare of those dogs.

The conditions of these kennels is disgusting and should be closed on that alone. The fact I am mentioning this is because people will believe they are helping dogs by rehoming them and people who volunteer for this place and fund raise are also probably unaware of the lisence it holds for the selling of dogs.
Dawn.