Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-08-2013, 03:58 AM

Camping With A Puppy. The Return.

He loved it! We didn't go on the "Peak Bagging'" hike I was originally thinking of, (thanx to all the awesome folks here who schooled me on puppy exercise limits!), But instead we got dropped off at the trailhead to a local fishing hole. (That most locals don't care about, because the "better" fish are downstream.)

Campsite Views.

I set up camp, and if anyone is wondering where Bud was going to sleep... Wait, I never mentioned, I sleep in a camping hammock. (No room for Bud.) Anyways, I sewed a little "doghouse onto the bottom of the hammock and put his blankie down in it and he was more than content.

The hammock and "doghouse".

My ride brought his dog along. (Junior, from my previous post "I'm DOOMED".) And he and Bud played in the creek for hours. Bud, the silly webbed pawed pup that he is would absolutely not go out deeper than his belly. Hmmph! Hope THAT sorts itself out sooner or later. He did enjoy watching the Salmon though. Throughout our three days there he must have laid, sat, and stood around watching the fish for hours. There were LOTS to see.

A Bunch of Chum Salmon.

I don't care 'bout "better" or "stronger fighting" fish, if I'm fishing, it's for food, not for fun.

Supper! And Bud's first live encounter with a Pink Salmon. (Or any fish for that matter.)

Sorry 'bout the fuzzy picture! I was moving, Bud was moving, and it was evening.

After supper the first night he was bagged and dropped off to sleep while I listened to soft music and read.

Bud in his bed.

When I went to bed I attached his leash to my hammock, closed his "door" and wished him a good night's sleep.

Good night!

Two more days and one more night of awesomeness, and back home we went; both pooped, but both happier for the time in the bush.

Thanx to all of you who let me know not to over-stress his growing body, it was a great three days, instead of 3 or more days of me inadvertently possibly hurting him on a Far-Too-Long trek.

Thanky!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Wonderful photos Cory - it looks such a beautiful place! Did Bud get a chance to sample his first raw fish? My dog would have been delighted with it!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 04:49 AM
So glad you both had a wonderful trip, it looks stunning there and I love his little camp
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Amazing scenery! I want to be there!! So glad it went well.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Glad you both had a great time, certainly looks beautiful. love Bud's little bed
Thanks for sharing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Wow beautiful photos. Glad you all enjoyed the trip!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Gorgeous photos!!
I love Canada...

Looks like everyone had a great time - miles different to my usual camping in Wales with a shower block and coffee shop at the end of the field
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:51 AM
I'd love to go to Canada. Beautiful place. I'm taking my two camping in a few weeks to South Wales. (God help me, two puppies and 7 kiddies, I must be mad lol)
Love the photos and very jealous
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi Its so nice to have a buddy communing with you when you are enjoying nature Gemini54
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by FluffHippo View Post
I'd love to go to Canada. Beautiful place. I'm taking my two camping in a few weeks to South Wales. (God help me, two puppies and 7 kiddies, I must be mad lol)
Love the photos and very jealous
Lol oh that sounds like its going to be a fun trip

Me & hubby are taking our 3 kids, their partners, three grandchildren and Marco away (booking a cottage/house) for a long weekend in September, I'm also thinking I must be mad!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >