Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Come with Bella to the sea (pic heavy)

Was so nice before sunup we walked down to the sea to sneak in a dip before anyone was around to object. Then home, shower and back to sleep! (Having a few PB probs - nothing new there!)

http://s164.photobucket.com/user/dyr...im%204%20Bella

Well I seem to have managed to get a link to slideshow instead of loads of photos but it's made all the photos really tiny? I hate Photobucket!

Probably easier to just link to the Picasa Album I had to move them all from into PB! At least they are big enough to see

https://picasaweb.google.com/1083952...Omhhc6qjOXV-gE
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2013, 11:26 AM
What lovely pictures. Sometimes life is good. Wish I was there. All my dogs have managed today is a paddle in a muddy puddle!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Now where did I put my suitcase!!!
Amazing photos Pat,what a great way to start the day, lucky Bella
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Now where did I put my suitcase!!!
Amazing photos Pat,what a great way to start the day, lucky Bella
Yes, sadly she has to stay on the stretch out lead down there as she is not supposed to be there at all. However, it's a lazy get up late country and as long as you get off the beach before the locals get down for their early swim (spose I could pass her off as a water rat if off lead?) I'm more worried one of the trigger happy locals would shoot her!

It's very shallow - I have to kick the flips off and go in a way with her to get deep enough for her to swim. But the water's warm and I like a paddle! I do make sure I put the phone back in my bag before I get wet!

I live right on the edge of the ancient Turkish town. The very first apartment block after all the tumbledown houses. My area is the oldest inhabited part of Cyprus and one of the oldest 'continuously inhabited' places in the world!

It's a 10 min stroll to the prom, via the old town and waterfront but they've dug the whole of the old waterfront up with high falutin' plans to make it look like a scene from Dubai or Sharm el Sheik. Very sad really as it is (or was) charming just as it always had been. EU money funding it - I suppose it's against some EU rules to have nowt between the edge of the road and the sea. It will be all glass walls and they are building it all out right over the water.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2013, 12:03 PM
What a wonderful start to the morning.
Why do these officials feel the need to spoil everything.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a wonderful start to the morning.
Why do these officials feel the need to spoil everything.
Well those who think a row of McDs, KFC, Pizza Hut and a few 'Irish bars' thrown in makes for a perfect backdrop for your holiday are delighted. I'm just dismayed - especially as it was projected to take 2-3 years and that was BEFORE Cyprus went bankrupt. They demolished everything last Sept. but nothing much happening since. Just more and more huge piles of rock being put in the sea.

The NO SWIMMING and NO FISHING signs are already up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Such a shame.On holidays I always make a point to visit the the old towns,really get a taste for the culture there, led back lifestyle,quaint little houses Pity they have to spoil it
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Such a shame.On holidays I always make a point to visit the the old towns,really get a taste for the culture there, led back lifestyle,quaint little houses Pity they have to spoil it
Yes concrete high rise buildings look so much nicer don't they? NOT!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Looks gorgeous Pat, nice to have that on your doorstep isn't it, you lucky girl
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Looks gorgeous Pat, nice to have that on your doorstep isn't it, you lucky girl
Yes. However I still more often head in the other direction along the front down to the Salt Lake at the bottom of my road. It is SO peaceful down there and you hardly ever see another soul.

The 'quieter and less commercial' beach is down at the Lake end too. Makenzy beach. Huge flat sands right up to the airport runways. Fringed by Tavernas all the way along - alas they saw fit to open a Pizza Hut and a KFC down there this year. But it is sadly what the majority of holidaymakers want - and most of the tourists here are Brits. You don't have to go far to hear them moaning about 'foreign food' lol!

*reminds me of the hilarious holidaymakers I had in one of our apartments. They were asking if I could order them a Chinese meal. I said I'd give them the number or they could use my phone. They said 'but they don't understand English' I said 'THEY DO!' Then they said 'well it won't be PROPER Chinese anyway will it?' I said 'what do you mean 'proper'?' they said 'it won't be ENGLISH Chinese'. lol! I said oh silly me I thought proper Chinese would be Chinese Chinese! These same people said they preferred other holidays where there weren't so many 'foreigners'. Oh you get some gems living in a holiday resort!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >