Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 05:55 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Thursday already, well, waddaya know, where does it all go!

Got a delivery today, so I'm housebound, and want to get out early again with Zena so as not to miss this, but they say they ring an hour or so before, let's hope they do.

Dave home tonight, and he's managed to get 4 days off again so he can finalise all his little jobs in that lounge ready for the new carpet when he's returned to work on Wednesday, woop, woop, can't wait, cos this means the inside is all done then apart from his bathroom. That doesn't worry or stress me, cos he can shut himself in there and make as much mess and noise as he likes forevermore, it won't affect me, and he uses my bathroom anyway so it can go on forever if he likes. It won't of course, you just watch, it'll be the quickest job he's ever done here cos he wants his shower room

Blue skies, bit windy, bit of cloud, but I'm hoping it'll be another good one cos I have more jobs in the garden I want to get done.

Hope everyone is well this morning along with the doglets and I'll see you all later
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Enjoy your walk Helena, an early one is always my favourite.

Another sunny start which bodes well A busy day today for me - dropping my son's car off at 8 to have a bumper scratch sorted (not his fault) and then off to walk the dogs. I must take the opportunity of my son being away and spring clean his bathroom (ugh) as he'll be back tomorrow

I hope you all have an enjoyable day and enjoy this lovely weather.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Morning H and all,

Another manic day here today. I am off to see to the little old lady for my friend while she is on holiday and then its Tescos, home and walk Lily and then the housing officer is coming to do a house inspection to make sure I havn't wrecked the house in the years I have been a tenant here, so she can give the go ahead for the move. Then its off to work and home about 7.30pm.

Charlys boyfriend is back today from his 2 weeks away with the army so she is happy. He has next week off before he has to go away on his 2 year stint. None of us are looking forward to losing him for that long. its going to be really hard for Charly.

Anyway better get my backside into gear and get in that shower and sorted to get out.
Have a good day everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Morning H, Jenny and all

Waking up to another lovely day, I could get used to this!

Lucky you H nearly finishing your interior this place is falling down!

Enjoy your walk Jenny, I will be in Surrey today.

Sister and I are going to cousins bungalow today, we're not sure if the builders are still there but there is so much to do outside we will turn our attentions there. I will be so pleased when it is finally sorted, we will regain a day of our lives a week.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Enjoy your walk Helena, an early one is always my favourite.

Another sunny start which bodes well A busy day today for me - dropping my son's car off at 8 to have a bumper scratch sorted (not his fault) and then off to walk the dogs. I must take the opportunity of my son being away and spring clean his bathroom (ugh) as he'll be back tomorrow

I hope you all have an enjoyable day and enjoy this lovely weather.
Morning Jenny Hope that car repair isn't too expensive, and good luck with the bathroom, men's bathrooms are always that bit dirtier aren't they for some strange reason. Enjoy your walk in the sunshine (yes, I have seen your cunning little plan and my eyesight aint that bad )

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

Another manic day here today. I am off to see to the little old lady for my friend while she is on holiday and then its Tescos, home and walk Lily and then the housing officer is coming to do a house inspection to make sure I havn't wrecked the house in the years I have been a tenant here, so she can give the go ahead for the move. Then its off to work and home about 7.30pm.

Charlys boyfriend is back today from his 2 weeks away with the army so she is happy. He has next week off before he has to go away on his 2 year stint. None of us are looking forward to losing him for that long. its going to be really hard for Charly.

Anyway better get my backside into gear and get in that shower and sorted to get out.
Have a good day everyone.
Morning Bev, It must be getting very exciting now about this move, I'm so, so happy for you Bev and I hope your house get's a pass and free's you away from it. Don't work too hard today, slow down a bit (says me!!!) and glad to hear your headache might have gone now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Morning Helena, Jenny, Madmare and all who come along later. Walked the dog earlier - is a few degrees cooler today thankfully. Am going to set off in a bit and try to find a bigger more powerful floor fan for this huge living space so I can put the one I have already into the spare room where there's no aircon until the owner sorts it later this month.

I know I'd be able to find one in Nicosia (the capital) about 40km away however, I absolutely hate going there at the best of times but am thinking it will probably be quicker to head there and back than to pootle round all the more local towns looking.

Then I must MAKE MYSELF go to a supermarket to stock up on some goodies. If I leave it until Saturday (Easter) the world and his wife will be packed into them.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2013, 06:27 AM

Ooh, wotcha got coming today Nechda? And - let me guess - curry again tonight as Dave will be home!

jenny - you should have made a deal with your son, you drop off his car on condition he spring cleans his bathroom!

Bev - I do wish you could slow down a bit - and hope your head is a bit better this morning. I am sure that the Housing Officer will be unable to fault your house so that the go ahead for the move goes ahead.

I know it will be hard on Charly and her boyfriend with him having to be away for two years - will he not get any home leave during that time? But remember the saying:

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire - it extinguishes the small, it inflames the great."

Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
Have a good Thursday everyone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Mens Bathrooms Jenny?
Ugh indeed! After two blokes had lived in this apartment for over a year before me, the bathroom was the worst cleaning job. I mean the bath and inside the loo 'looked OK' it was the scale and scum round plugholes and taps and the hard water deposit on the wall tiles.

Did my best (resulting in a swollen first knuckle joint on right hand - still swollen now!) then employed Moneth to clean just that one room (she complained it was hard work lol! I explained that's why I was PAYING her to do it!)

Then, 2 days ago, I was sitting on the loo when Bella came in and started taking an interest in the gap behind the washbasin pedestal? I was a bit puzzled as the floor behind it had been cleaned many times. I was thinking 'silverfish? slight water leak?' She suddenly poked her pointy head in there and ran off with something! I followed her and it was a dirty grey sock? Geezus. I gingerly peered round and could see nowt on the floor but spotted a screwed up carrier bag shoved into the hollow above floor level.

I even more gingerly put a glove on and pulled it out slowly and Bella shoved her nose in again and ran off with ANOTHER sock! So someone had screwed up a carrier and shoved it in the gap and then someone had put dirty socks in there on top of it?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning Helena, morning all.

Bet you can't wait Helena to get that carpet down. Will we get more pics ? Please to see it in its completely finished state.

Enjoy walks and good luck with fan hunting and housing officers.

Lovely sunny day again but a bit chilly at the moment. Dillon and I will be doing our field then wood walk again today I think.
EA ringing later if he doesn't I will be ringing I am expecting him to say he cannot say all we want on the right move site. That will be my cue to say do you really want this job if not lets end the contract now.
Bet he bends over backwards now iv'e said that.

Enjoy your day all and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Early doors for me this morning, am waiting for Youngest Son to arrive as he has an 8.45am appointment at the hospital for a check up on his eye after all the lazer surgery on it. We are just on 6 monthly checks now rather than the once or twice a week we were going this time last year.
He will have drops in his eyes so not sure what we will do after that because I will want to get on out with the dogs and he won't...... I've got loads I need to do today, spending my 'windfall'
I'm sure the Housing Officer will give your house the thumbs up Bev, hope you're headache is gradually receding. Does Ash not get any leave. It is hard, I went through all this myself when my ex-OH was in the Navy and on the nuclear subs and away for months at a time, and sometimes they wouldn't come back when they were supposed to and you just have to sit it out.
Have a lovely walk Helena, and hope the delivery people do phone you.
Enjoy yourself at your cousins MM, once its all done you will have that day back, know how that feels as well. Does the bungalow go up for sale then?
Solid blue sky here this morning and sunshine, felt warm outside when I went out to do brekkies at 7.30am and girls already up and lying out in it as the back is East facing so the kitchen and the back get all the early mornig sun.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »