Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2013, 06:30 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Monday).

Morning all. Not so sunny today bit overcast but no rain as of yet anyway.
I will be AWOL most of the day today as I am over to Gill's to sit with Maisie there very naughty whippet. Gill starts her first round of second lot of chemo treatment today and Maisie has to be crated when they are out and we are looking at 5-6 hours for her which is too long and she couldn't be trusted in the house that long. Their Poppy JRT was very elderly when Gill had the first round 4-5 years ago so she didn't mind being left as she slept all day.
Peter wasn't keen on driving Gill to the hospital dropping her off then going home and back to Gill again to pick her up its not to do with worrying about Gill its the petrol money and the drive. Gorden is home to have Dillon and walk him and let him out and just be here most of the day if he wasn't Peter would of had to do the extra running around. This way took extra stress off Gill.
I will catch up when I get home.

Pleased to report we had an excellent night here with Dillon.
He woke me at 2am to go and do a wee then he had a short snooze in the garden and came in and went on his bed and back to sleep. I was back in bed by 2.30am.
Just the one bark to get me up and one to let him in again other than that all quiet. He was on the sofa when I came down this morning.

Helena wishing you and Dave lots of luck today and hoping it all gets sorted very quickly and painlessly for you both and then hopefully you can both relax.
Linda I hope Loki had a good night and you too.
Malka I hope you had a good night too with Pereg and that she is now more settled and you more rested.
Bev I hope that headache has gone if not will you get yourself checked out please.
CG I hope your muzzy head has gone now too and that you are feeling better today after your procedure last week.
Jenny in my distant memory today I remember you saying Friday night your brother was staying this weekend I hope you had a lovely time and that's why I missed you being around.
I hope I haven't missed anyone sorry If I have so wishing all poorly hoomans and doglets well soon.

Have a nice Monday and stay safe. I will catch up later today more than likely regaling you with stories of a very naughty whippet. Although I may not be laughing.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning Lynn and all.

Lily and I had a lovely walk yesterday with all the other greyhounds along the beach from Frinton on sea to Holland on sea and back again. I then come home and cut my grass with no sign of a headache.
Unfortunatly yesterday afternoon the headache come back with a vengence and I ended up just laying on the sofa dosed up with painkillers dozing on and off.
This morning its still there, but I have not got time to see a doctor today as I am working all morning, home to walk Lily and then back to work till 7.15 this evening.
Today is day 10 of this damn headache, so if its still there tomorrow I will try and get to the doctors in the morning. I am sure they will just say its probably a virus, they always seem to say that when they havn't a clue.

I have to phone the new vets I went to around 5 this evening and get the results of Lilys blood test. Hopefully that will all be ok. I don't need anything else right now!

Hope you enjoy your day with Gills whippet Lynn, he will seem very tiny after Dillon. My thoughts will be with Gill too.

Hope everyone else is ok, the sun is glorious out there so enjoy your day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning Bev please try to find some time to get that headache checked out I do know its difficult for you but so many people rely on you and Lily.
The walk sounds lovely and good weather too for a change.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I'm sure while I'm typing this another member(s) will sneak in - Hi to them too.

Lynn - Pat on the head for Dillon for being such a good boy last night. I hope today goes well for poor Gill and its really nice of you to go and dog-sit and to remove one more obstacle that could have caused unnecessary stress. You will certainly notice the difference walking little Maisie compared to giant Dillon. I had a lovely weekend with my brother here and he's very easy and we have a good laugh, but it meant I still had to think about meals when I thought I had the weekend off with my OH away

Bev - Good luck with Lily's blood results when you phone and everything crossed that your rotten headache goes. I know its a real long-shot but could your boiler have a slight carbon-monoxide leak? The fact that your headache went while on your grey's walk yesterday and cutting the grass but it came back once you were inside? .... it's much more likely to be a virus but should thought I should mention the boiler bit. ((hugs))

I'm off to meet my friend with her greyhounds this morning for a walk which should be nice as no rain forecast. Busy week though coming up so I think this morning should set me up for it.

I hope any poorly members or dogs are feeling better today.
See you later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2013, 07:28 AM

Lynn - sending good wishes to Gill, and hope little Maisie behaves herself with you there.

I am glad that Dillon behaved himself last night and wish I could say the same for Da Booger who wanted out three times. It would not be too had had I been back to normal after this latest bout of "well it is going around still" virus, to say nothing of the storm and floods, but she is still not right since the last two seizures so I cannot even rest during the day. I am wondering whether it was the impending storm that started her off again last Thursday?

I have so much to catch on as the power kept going yesterday so missed most of what was posted. Then kept thinking what if the power is off this morning and I cannot bump the Monday Steam Mop thread? But at least I got that in before the power goes off again!

Bev - I am glad you and Lily had a lovely walk but so sorry to hear that your headache came back. I hope you can get to the doctor tomorrow, but then I am a fine one to tell someone to go to the doctor when I never go myself.

Fingers crossed for the results of Lily's blood test.

If I have missed anyone while I have been typing, it was not intentional - had to leave this and go round closing trissim to stop the rain coming in.

I hope today is a good day for everyone.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning all, looks like it may be a nice day here, hope you all are well,

have a good one folks xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Good Morning everyone, have a good day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Jenny, Malka, Jackie, Moyra and everyone else who pops in

Just had a lovely walk up the top, but could hardly see anything it was so misty up there Managed a good hour though and Zena is suitably zonked out so that I can now get on.

Just heard from Dave, not good news, a note has been put through the door with a sick form stating that this chap hasn't worked since the 4th april and yet the doctor's note is only up until today, so God knows what all this will mean. He's ringing the FSB to find out and no doubt I'll hear later on about 10 times throughout the day, so this week looks a bit like last week then

I have a long list of my own though, so I'm letting Dave deal with it unless he gets stuck cos in all honestly, I just don't want it, and I never have anything to do with his business normally, only when things go wrong. I'll just be here for the support and the back up, but I'm not taking the driving seat like I did last week, it's too exhausting and he's 10 years younger, he can cope!

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets.

Lynn, I do hope Gill gets through this first bout of chemo without any major effects, I feel so very sorry for her after she's been through it all once and it must be a real worry for all the family, poor lady. Enjoy your day with Maisie I hope she behaves for ya!

Gotta start my phone calls now and I've just got another booking for August which is brilliant for van 1 and means I only have 2 weeks to fill in the middle of July but hopefully, they'll go. I want to get on and advertise this 2nd van properly this week now that I have pics of the garden even though the patio area hasn't been done yet.

Catch you later, but just like Lynn, I will probably be awol again until around lunchtime, but then I'll probably have Dave on the phone with his problems.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning all. Not so sunny today bit overcast but no rain as of yet anyway.
I will be AWOL most of the day today as I am over to Gill's to sit with Maisie there very naughty whippet. Gill starts her first round of second lot of chemo treatment today and Maisie has to be crated when they are out and we are looking at 5-6 hours for her which is too long and she couldn't be trusted in the house that long. Their Poppy JRT was very elderly when Gill had the first round 4-5 years ago so she didn't mind being left as she slept all day.
Peter wasn't keen on driving Gill to the hospital dropping her off then going home and back to Gill again to pick her up its not to do with worrying about Gill its the petrol money and the drive. Gorden is home to have Dillon and walk him and let him out and just be here most of the day if he wasn't Peter would of had to do the extra running around. This way took extra stress off Gill.
I will catch up when I get home.

Pleased to report we had an excellent night here with Dillon.
He woke me at 2am to go and do a wee then he had a short snooze in the garden and came in and went on his bed and back to sleep. I was back in bed by 2.30am.
Just the one bark to get me up and one to let him in again other than that all quiet. He was on the sofa when I came down this morning.

Helena wishing you and Dave lots of luck today and hoping it all gets sorted very quickly and painlessly for you both and then hopefully you can both relax.
Linda I hope Loki had a good night and you too.
Malka I hope you had a good night too with Pereg and that she is now more settled and you more rested.
Bev I hope that headache has gone if not will you get yourself checked out please.
CG I hope your muzzy head has gone now too and that you are feeling better today after your procedure last week.
Jenny in my distant memory today I remember you saying Friday night your brother was staying this weekend I hope you had a lovely time and that's why I missed you being around.
I hope I haven't missed anyone sorry If I have so wishing all poorly hoomans and doglets well soon.

Have a nice Monday and stay safe. I will catch up later today more than likely regaling you with stories of a very naughty whippet. Although I may not be laughing.
Hi When I had radio theraphy,the procedure was easy,but afterwards you feel so sick,you are a good friend,because when you feel rough like that,things seem so much worse than they are.Just popping in,to say good morning,still feel a bit fragile,but had a real scare this morning.Helena keeping all fingers crossed.Everyone else hope everyone is well including all dogs crystalgirl
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Morning all.
A bit yuck here today, weather not us! trying to rain and quite chilly.

I bought some pansies on Friday. I didn't get a chance to plant them and now the flippin seagulls have pecked them and picked them all out of the trays That was a waste of money then.
See ya all later.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »