Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doggygirl2003
Dogsey Junior

23-08-2004, 08:53 AM

flea infestation

hi there,

i got an upsettig e mail from my friend regarding her new dog which se has just taken in from an rspca centre having supposidly being treated for fleas prior to being released but she has a really big problem, i will paste the e mail at the ed, the poor woman is at the end of her tether and really stuck now, i had previously told her about the lemon trick but she still has a problem does anyone else have any suggestions please

thanks

lynne

Hi Lynne
Thank you for emailing, nice to hear from you, got to tell you am going mad here and spending all my time washing clothes, bedding, spraying hoovering tippy is full of fleas washed her 3 times now, did the lemons and yes as i wiped it on her they seem to die quite quickly but shes still got them on her. have used a whole canister of spray on my carpets furniture and last night she was sitting with me and they were getting into my hair and i saw them jumping. My son found them in his bed as she sleeps with him ontop of the bed. Have washed things that many times lynne am despairing and so fed up with it. And my son has just come home and said look as these little red marks on his body and am sure they are flea marks, so am stripping his bed everything and going to spray for the umpteen time everything in his room. Been and bought loads more stuff and am going to wash both animals again in a minute.( I even put lemon in my hair last night and went to bed with it on). Have purchased off the internet Frontline spray and an trying to buy the frontline plus also cannot afford to take two to the vets.Wish i had known from the beginning would have kept her out of the rooms till i had de-fleaed her but its too late. Have never ever had this happen like this in all the time of having dogs (or my cat which i have had for 4 years now). And tippy is such a dear little thing and loves a cuddle and keeps wanting to sit with me.
When i collected her lynne they said she had been kept with ferrets before , could she have got them from them?. Want to get rid of all these fleas and eggs etc before the winter when the heating goes on or will have an infestation.
Any more ideas Lynne on what to do?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Dont have any ideas, but would like to know what this "lemon trick" is, as I have a dog with fleas here.
doggygirl2003
Dogsey Junior

23-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Lemon Flea Treatment (for cats or dogs)
2 lemons, cut into small pieces
1 quart water

Place lemon pieces into water, then boil for one hour. Steep overnight.

Sponge down your dog or cat. While fleas are repelled by citrus oil, your pet will smell good, and the lemon water will help soothe your pet's flea bites.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Try a warm bowl of soapy water next to the dogs bed at night.

Garlic and brewers yeast tablets.

Wash your floors with a citrus cleaner.

Hope the above helps
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Hmm I bought some spray with citronella and cedaroil.

I've just sprayed Luna, will spray Bella (who is the sinner in all this) when I pick her up.

And then buy some lemons when I go shopping.

I've started Luna on the garlic and brewers yeast again yesterday. About the warm bowl with soapy water.... Luna is sleeping in my bed, will it still work? Could put one down on the floor where Bella is lying though and hope she wont move about too much !
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Cant be much help getting rid of them because fingers crossed my dogs have never had them but I swear by the fact my dogs take garlic capsules everyday that that is the reason they dont get them.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Cant be much help getting rid of them because fingers crossed my dogs have never had them but I swear by the fact my dogs take garlic capsules everyday that that is the reason they dont get them.
My lot all sleep together and they've never had fleas either, I give them garlic capsules daily too...........so maybe it does work
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 11:58 AM
sorry i have soooooo much money i can't think anymore .....
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 04:28 PM
lol at inca
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Our vets sell a huge tin of 'stuff' that you spray over evreything. Furniture, beds, everything. Brings you out in a b*gger of a rash but kills the fleas!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »