Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 10:35 AM

Worrying when things go too well?

It's been one thing after the other since I returned to Cyprus (well starting before I returned with the owner of the properties I live in and manage dying unexpectedly while I was away) that's been an administrative nightmare and I returned early to deal with it but haven't had a word of response from the lawyer dealing with the will, the executors or even the new 'owners' who've inherited. Had to set up a separate bank account to put thousands of euros into as I am not happy having someone else's money in my account while probate is sorted.

Then the broken tooth (still on hold with a temp filling) awaiting root canal job.

Then of course the biggie - the dreaded bluddy spider bite and the ensuing 2+ weeks of hospital and then daily doc visits.

Then worrying that I might be biting off more than I can chew taking on the bigger apartment. Well and feeling a bit odd about leaving this one too.

I'd fired off an email to my so called financial adviser bloke asking him to call - not very happy as I always have to REMIND him that my dividends are due but haven't gone into my bank yet. Sometimes going in months late.

His sec called me and switched the appointment to (I thought) Thursday morning. But he turned up today. I was all of a fluster and hadn't read all the bits of paper I intended to before speaking to him or got my questions all lined up proper etc.

Anyway the first thing he said was that my investments are doing REALLY WELL

Then went on to say in a nutshell I have about another €6K available to me right now should I need to get my hands on it without touching my capital! YAYAYAYAYA! I could have kissed him!

*this is the first year for more than 4 yrs that I haven't lost money - 2yrs ago I lost €10K and had to dip into my capital just to float myself.

This means I can pay 6 months rent on the larger flat without having to budget for it at all. And keep my present flat on without having to escape my lease and just basically rent it out while I am not in it. I was going to do it all the long way with my lease terminating and the incomer one starting up but will now be able to pay the rent on both for the next 6 months with no worries (only a slight worry that the incoming tenant won't stay for 6 months but I know him well and don't think that will be a problem).

Also means I can go ahead and invest some money long term for my darling granddaughter. I was ready to go on that one but was going to have to put half in now and half later. I can do it in one go now and forget it, leaving it there for her when she is 18.

So .... things are going exceedingly well but I seem to have a case of butterflies in the tummy??? lol!

I used to be like this about 'relationships' - so used to them going wrong that I felt quite unsettled if they went well! Hopeless!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 12:03 PM
OhTangutica
So pleased you've had some unexpected good news ,makes life that little bit easier
Could you please send some over here ,as some of us could use some too !!!!
It lovely that your granddaughter will have a wee nest egg when she's 18 it will help her on her way in life
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Wonderful news Pat - such a nice windfall for my BBF!

[shove over Norma, it is more polite to form an orderly queue...]
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I am so euphoric about this that I've scrubbed the idea of queueing up at the Cablenet office or the Post Office today!

Manyana, manyana - sigá sigá (getting into Cypriot mode here!)

The biggest morbid fear I have is of DEBT. Don't want any - EVER! I am such a cheapskate my kids mock me! But hey - years of scrimping by on a limited income leave their mark and you never really believe you can actually afford to splash out on yourself lol!

I drive a 13 yr old car (not as bad as it sounds as they don't rust here) and hope it will outlast me.

Dagnammit I spent hours giving myself a pedicure on Saturday - shoulda gone to the booty parlar lol!