Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 12:22 PM

Knitting a mohair rainbow

Well, they want my mohair scarves to sell in Canada but are leaving the colours to me, with a few requests

So as I have so many shades in what has been given by the wool shop lady, I am knitting a mohair rainbow for them.. scarves that are six feet long and cabled... Just finishing red, and blue is done already so off to seek the orange next, after taking the dogs out and lighting the range.. May have to cheat with violet but I have lilac.. Not telling them so when they open the parcel....

No one has noticed I have kind of graduated here on dogsey!

Blessings and peace from the quiet mountains.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
They sound lovely Rose I am the worse knitter you ever saw in your life, my limit is holey dishcloths..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Oh they sound really lovely Rosebud, and anything in bright colours will cheer anyone up at this dull, dreary time of year, so better get knitting as fast as you can

Congratulations also on becoming a Dogsey Senior no less! Enjoy the power!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh they sound really lovely Rosebud, and anything in bright colours will cheer anyone up at this dull, dreary time of year, so better get knitting as fast as you can

Congratulations also on becoming a Dogsey Senior no less! Enjoy the power!!!:lol:
Power, what power (q) I have the new keyboard but am too tired to get it out if the car and fix it

Didn't know there was POWER involved
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
They sound lovely Rose I am the worse knitter you ever saw in your life, my limit is holey dishcloths..
When I was at infant school we had a terrible teacher who used to send me all round all the classes to show everyone my "holey" doll's scarf...Put me off kntting until I was a teenager, then I really got going and knitted many years for the Aran industry in Scotland and then when it folded to the Japanese, realised i could make more for needy ones by making and selling.

This is a fine lace Christening Gown I made many of at one time; one is in a museum in Canada.

I fit in with whatever is fashion and high- end knitting.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
That's beautiful Rosebud. I've just gone back to knitting after not doing any for years. Been making a couple of baby cardigans. I don't know of anyone who needs them though so I will probably give them to a charity shop. I'm not doing them very fast though but enjoy an odd hour at it.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
That's beautiful Rosebud. I've just gone back to knitting after not doing any for years. Been making a couple of baby cardigans. I don't know of anyone who needs them though so I will probably give them to a charity shop. I'm not doing them very fast though but enjoy an odd hour at it.
A hospital will be glad of them for someone in diffculties maybe; many ask for preemie things also as these early births are unexpected and catch the mothers out. And not always a happy outcome so the love of a hand made item is of great support. Pleasure in the work is everything of course,

And that is better than a charity shop which will sell them for almost nothing.

If you need patterns, go to a site called Knitting Pattern central which has a wonderful baby section.

And a separate section for preemies

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php

I haven't used a pattern for years, and revel in the creativity of it all and knowing it will give food to babies and needy ones is an added joy.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks for that link Rosebud. Good idea about giving them to a hospital.plus preemie things will be quicker to knit I found a bin bag full of mainly baby wool at the back of the wardrobe so thought it was a shame to leave it there doing nothing.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
That is a beautiful gown. I used to like knitting baby clothes, I don't have the patience for anything bigger, I also knit the dogs coats.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Beautiful Rosebud - you are very talented.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >