Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 06:53 PM

Complaints here we go again

Well the ongoing situation with our neighbours is no better and we had a meeting back in Aug,with H/A,Police & council and we discussed our issues and the council asked why we hadn't been offered a move.

Anyway since Aug the H/A have been dragging their feet,no surprize there, and it took from Aug to 31st October for the housing officer to complete a report which either will or won't be authorized,as yet we have heard nothing as usual.

Anyway our legal advisor has been in touch as she hasn't heard anything,likewise neither have we,nor have the H/A sent the supporting evidence to the council,
Nothing is ever straight forward,they have asked for info in bits & drabs,instead of in one go in Aug,we apparently don't have a downstairs toilet,a letter from our GP has been sent as supporting evidence as to why we need one this was two weeks ago and no conformation has been sent letting us know they have that.

Our Legal advisor has said they have had plenty of time to sort this out so she is now putting a letter together stating we wish to make a formal complaint about how long it's taking to sort out & get any response from the H/A,the council are also writing again asking for supporting evidence,whether or not they reply to them remains to be seen,as they seem to struggle to reply to letters.

So here we go again, and the words of our legal advisor we will keep going now until we get a response & satisfactory outcome.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Goodness Sal what a long drawn out nightmare this is for you.
You must be so fed up.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Sal this situation must be so very frustrating for you dragging on and on .

Try not to let it get you down ....
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 07:41 PM
It is very frustrating and we are dreading Christmas living here,last year was a nightmare,both parents decide to go and party for 48 hours leaving 5 children & a dog in the care of a 19 year old

We had the Police here last year over Christmas,sadly they were unable to witness as they came out two hours after I rang them by which time it had gone quiet.

Lizzie gets the worst of it and often passes a comment like why are they so noisy,I'm trying to work,why do they need to bang my walls,but I must say she is dealing with it in quite a mature way,very rarely does she retaliate,instead she will put her earphones in or work in the dining room.

We have issues though with the H/A and the way in which they have handled our case from the start,it's been one mistake after another and then you get the ASB Officers writing all manner of things aimed at tenants on a certain social networking site,I in my temper a few weeks ago printed them off and sent them to our local MP, also outlining our case,I just figured we had nothing else to loose
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 07:48 PM
What a horrible situation you are in.

I really hope that something can be resolved sooner rather than later.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Good luck. Hopefully if you have decent legal representation they won't drag their feet any longer.

Isn't i horrible having sh1tty neighbours?!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 10:02 PM
They won't respond to anyone

This includes,us,the council and our legal team,I have absolutely no idea why they find it so hard to respond to a letter,yet they seem to be able to find time to post inappropriate comments on social networking

Perhaps they will start to take it a little more seriously when we register another complaint,well I suppose we can hope

They need to put all the crappy neighbours on an estate somewhere together!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
They won't respond to anyone

This includes,us,the council and our legal team,I have absolutely no idea why they find it so hard to respond to a letter,yet they seem to be able to find time to post inappropriate comments on social networking

Perhaps they will start to take it a little more seriously when we register another complaint,well I suppose we can hope

They need to put all the crappy neighbours on an estate somewhere together!!

Unfortunately they never seem to do that do they - the thinking is that if they put the grots in amongst decent people, the grots will start behaving better. Yes, right
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
[/b]Unfortunately they never seem to do that do they - the thinking is that if they put the grots in amongst decent people, the grots will start behaving better. Yes, right
There was a time when that was Council housing department policy, and then sometime in the nineteen seventies the PC brigade jumped on this and cried 'discrimination' and of course once you've uttered that word all civil servants go into paranoid apoplexy and try to hide behind the filing cabinets. The Police complained that when visiting these areas they had to go in mobhanded and it was costing more in manpower, and of course the media (as always) used it to generate more good 'news' stories.

So now we have the 'mix 'em all up with the good guys' policy and as we can see it's a nightmare. Well it certainly is for Sal and I do feel sympathy for her and the children.

Did you know that all new private housing developments above a certain size only get planning permission if there's about 20% 'social housing' included on the site. Now I'm not saying that all social housing tennants are bad but it just seems crazy to put tennants on housing benefit alongside big detached 4 and 5 bedroom houses.

I was looking at possible house purchase in Suffolk this year and all the builders (Barrets, Persimon, Berkley, etc.) sent me nice glossy brochures and all of them had this area in grey that they didn't identify, when you ring them they are forced to tell you it's 'Mandatory social housing'
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Hope you get it sorted soon Sal - must be such a nightmare for you.

*hug*
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >