Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Odiesma
New Member!
Female 

26-07-2012, 07:41 AM

Dog itching (and hello!)

Hi, I am an owner of a Golden Retriever called Odie. He's 4 years old, loveable, cute and part of the family
He is friends with our two cats and one actually grooms him daily, cuddles up to him and they both follow him around the house at times.

I do have a problem right now, that's itching..him not me
He has lost some fur on his stomach and I have applied a tee tree oil lotion especially for dogs to that area. It seems to help a little. I have given him an antihistamine called.......after checking it out on one of the forums on here. He has stopped itching as much and seems more comfortable

Will he be able to have these more than once a day or should I try one at night and one at morning?
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Odiesma View Post
Hi, I am an owner of a Golden Retriever called Odie. He's 4 years old, loveable, cute and part of the family
He is friends with our two cats and one actually grooms him daily, cuddles up to him and they both follow him around the house at times.

I do have a problem right now, that's itching..him not me
He has lost some fur on his stomach and I have applied a tee tree oil lotion especially for dogs to that area. It seems to help a little. I have given him an antihistamine called.......after checking it out on one of the forums on here. He has stopped itching as much and seems more comfortable

Will he be able to have these more than once a day or should I try one at night and one at morning?
Hello and welcome to dogsey.

With regards to your question, I would advise you to speak to your vet.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 02:27 PM
i'd chat to your vet, i think there could be a potential for an allergy or intolerance to food.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2012, 03:28 PM
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I think I answered on your other thread?

The most likely cause IMHO of your dog's itching is dust mites as you have moved to a house which was shut up for two months.