Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 07:06 AM

Just been offered...........

a two year old rottie. Owner regrets taking him in (at 8 weeks).
He´s now left in a small hall with another dog (terrier of some sort I think) and they cant figure out why he´s not happy
He has growled at some friends kids - apparently because they wouldn't leave him alone? He´s (from a friends mouth) a big, friendly, rottie who is totally neglected and misses some attention and rules.

Must repeat to myself:
Have not room and time right now

bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 07:21 AM
Could you do, wot you did with the dachsie?

Find a suitable place for the rottie???

You have no room or time for him!!! ( ) especially as you are getting Jacques home soon

And then there's Ally... When in season.. Would you have any where to "put" the rottie?

Only trying to help

I could probablely find reasons to keep him aswell, but I wont list them here, right?

J
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 08:41 AM
He does sound gorgeous AM, and its a shame he is living like this for such a big dog BUT as you say yourself you just havent got the time, your getting the baby parrot next month and he will want your full attention and you will want to build your relationship up with him and then theres Ally, would she get on with him? would he get on with her? what happens when she comes into season? I know you dont want to say no but sometimes you just have too . Just trying to be practical
Maybe someone else you know could have him that has the time to look after him and give him a good life?
Nice thought though maybe one day.....And i would feel the same if it was me
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Aww...bless, know how you feel. Maybe you can find somewhere else for him?
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
I´m not gonna take him. Its not the time and we dont have our own place yet But it sure is tempting to do so. Especially when its always been our plan to get a rottie next. Deff wont tell bf about this offer

I guess I could take him in and rehome him, but so could a shelter or maybe the owners should take on the responsability themself?

Lets see what happens next......

Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Glad to know theres somebody else out there as soft and soppy as me,............ just keep doing your lines!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Although i know you havent got the room,i can honestly say with hand on my heart-Rotties make great pets! You cannot fault their loyality towards their adoptive family and they truely adore children.

Shame im not in a position to take him in at the moment because im still very very fond of them and will in time have another.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 07:58 PM
AM you have to do whats best for you now, just think once you have your own place then you will beable to have one and by then your little parrot will be settled too
Think its the case of either someone giving the owners a kick up the a** or rehoming him through a shelter, at the end of the day they need to do something, which is best for him.

Sshh steve dont tell her that she will have him home by tomoz but if you do decide one later on im sure steve would tell you what there like,as he knows alot about and is experienced with them
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Big help Steve

Know the rottie and love it. Thats what makes it so hard. Maybe I´ll help rehoming it.... maybe I´ll stay far away from these situations I always get caught in