Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2012, 06:13 AM

Advert for not walking your dog.

So as I was unable to find a helper (I currently have just the one useable arm) we were unable to walk at all yesterday. This is a great idea if you want...

A) Dogs that usually sleep until 7am wake you up at 4am
B) Dogs who run the length of the house and garden at full speed over and over and over, tripping you over in your 4am stagger to the bathroom.
C)Deaf "stuff you" dogs.
D)Dogs who suddenly start stealing.
E) Tiny but frequent piles of poo all over the garden (because we prefer to poo elsewhere, didnt you know!)

Needless to say, I have helpers and back up helpers. I want the angel, easy to manage dogs back.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 07:07 AM
I guess it must be because they are used to walking daily, mine just settle and sleep or play with their toys.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2012, 09:17 AM
I totally sympathise

When I was unable to walk my dogs because I was ill (I have three border collies) it was pure havoc
They were literally bouncing off the ceiling as they had gone from 3 walks a day (an hour each time) to zero walks a day , and despite having the garden to play in it obviously wasnt enough for them
Luckily I felt well enough after a couple of days to drag myself out with them so the madness stopped , lol

I cant imagine how you're coping having a bad arm which will take longer than a couple of days to mend
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
I totally sympathise

When I was unable to walk my dogs because I was ill (I have three border collies) it was pure havoc
They were literally bouncing off the ceiling as they had gone from 3 walks a day (an hour each time) to zero walks a day , and despite having the garden to play in it obviously wasnt enough for them
Luckily I felt well enough after a couple of days to drag myself out with them so the madness stopped , lol

I cant imagine how you're coping having a bad arm which will take longer than a couple of days to mend
12 weeks unfortunately I dislocated and fractured my shoulder! I've had some surgery and now I just look like a plum! Luckily I have an army of volunteers to help me out!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 12:58 PM
O you poor thing - that sounds so painful! My boys would eat the house and destroy the garden if they didn't get their daily 2 hour walkies!!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 01:46 PM
and this is exactly why, i have always given my dogs random days off from walking, because if for some reason, i can't walk them, i don't want them bouncing off the walls
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2012, 02:08 PM
My lot are used to 2 hours a day off lead but when I was ill last year they went 9 weeks without a walk, they had to be content with the house and garden as I could barely make it to the back door and they dealt with it really well. As soon as I was able normal walks resumed and it was like they'd never missed a day.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
and this is exactly why, i have always given my dogs random days off from walking, because if for some reason, i can't walk them, i don't want them bouncing off the walls
Same here. Mine are really good at chilling now, even my most active dog will just sleep if nothing is going on.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Same here. Mine are really good at chilling now, even my most active dog will just sleep if nothing is going on.
4 working springers ( 2 of which do work) and a springer X here and they don't make a pick of bother when life gets in the way