View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Remember Soldier that emaciated gsd with the RSPCA?

I don't know if you remember, but somebody posted up about this poor lad when the Daily Mail wrote about his terrible plight.

Well, I've met the people who are desperately seeking to rescue him. A lovely couple who already have 4 rescue gsd's, 3 of which Zena is very friendly with now, but the 4th is a white boy just like my old Georgie who needs special care and he was being walked by her husband today when I met up with him.

Anyway, he was telling me how they have desperately been trying to rescue this poor dog Soldier, and if it wasn't for the stupidity of the RSPCA then they would already have welcomed him into their lovely home. Apparently, the RSPCA are unwilling to let them have him until he has been on a SEVEN HOUR walk with his 4 dogs and Soldier????!!! Seven hours???? WTF is that all about then??? Quite unbelievable isn't it, when here they are, living in a massive house, right on the doorstep of acres of lovely woodland to walk in, let alone their own woodland, huuuuge garden, and with more than enough experience of gsd's having already rescued 4 with serious problems and have managed to bring them all round to live a normal existence in a happy, caring environment.

It seems so absurd to me, that the RSPCA have put such a stupid stipulation on this one? Once again, some poor dog is not going to get the home it deserves because of some stupid person believing that a gsd needs to be walked for 7 hours with it's new housemates. Maybe an hour at a time for 7 hours, yes, can understand that, but not 7 hours all at once! Jeeeeeze! Wish there was something we could do to help them? Anyone got any ideas???
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:54 PM
How about a gentle stroll to a park with a cafe and a very very long lunch....
We could make that stretch to a few hours.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:55 PM
7 hour walk!!!!! are they mad
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Hmmmmmm, only trouble with that one is, the fact that Soldier will be walked by one of their inspectors?? The mere fact that the dogs would all be together though might just sway them if they all got on fine (be it for 7 hours:roll), not to mention if you slipped something in his tea!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
7 hour walk!!!!! are they mad
It appears so doesn't it!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:59 PM
What??!!

Whatever for?

I've kept my GSD out with me for 7hrs or more when just 'with me' but don't think I've ever walked any dog for 7hrs - just out walking! That's a working day! Do they get to take a break for lunch lol!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Perhaps something has lost been in translation.........
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Perhaps something has lost been in translation.........
Well, not sure if that was meant wholly as a joke - but I think you have a good point there.

It's the only explanation that would make sense to me.

A misunderstanding?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Quite........................... What people say and what people hear can often diverge...........
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Quite........................... What people say and what people hear can often diverge...........
i agree, i can understand the rescue wanting to ensure that there is sufficient time spent with the other dogs to make sure no fighting etc so perhaps 7 hours over a few days - but surely they don't mean 7 hours in one go... Or perhaps spend the day with them is what they mean so go for walks, have time indoors etc again to ensure no issues to try to prevent the dog bouncing back,,,
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »