Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Rude rude rude rude rude

I have agreed to look after someones rabbit while they go to Hong Kong for two months.

They tell me they will bring it round on monday, get a text this morning saying 'still ok to have the rabbit' I say yes and that i'll wait in... not heard a squeak out of them all day, ignored my texts/calls, no sign or rabbit, it's now 8 o'clock. And of course there are status all over their FB page about the olympics, so it's not as though something awful has happened.

I've basically sat in my house all day waiting for this effin rabbit when i could have been doing something productive. I am so annoyed.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I have agreed to look after someones rabbit while they go to Hong Kong for two months.

They tell me they will bring it round on monday, get a text this morning saying 'still ok to have the rabbit' I say yes and that i'll wait in... not heard a squeak out of them all day, ignored my texts/calls, no sign or rabbit, it's now 8 o'clock. And of course there are status all over their FB page about the olympics, so it's not as though something awful has happened.

I've basically sat in my house all day waiting for this effin rabbit when i could have been doing something productive. I am so annoyed.
If and when they do turn up I think I would be hard pressed not to tell them how I felt. As you say, very rude.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 07:19 PM
If they hadn't been social networking, i'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe an emergency came up, but I don't think watching water polo counts as a focken emergency!!!!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 07:42 PM
What a shame they will find your status "unavailable" when they want to drop off loppylugs.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 07:42 PM
One of my pet hates is being taken advantage of.

I would do anything I could to help someone out and get really upset when it is thrown back in my face.

Nothing worse
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 08:03 PM
haha they eventually rang me about 2 mins ago "sorry got held up [doing what?!], is it ok if i drop them off tomorrow before my flight"

actually it isn't i'm working at Goodwood till saturday evening, and she seemed really shocked that i couldn't put two days on hold for her!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Good for you and stick to your guns. The last time I ever dogsat was about 2 yrs ago for the woman upstairs. Only offered because I heard she was going to leave the little dog on its own and just have someone in to feed it and let it out. It was winter and we had really noisy storms.

She brought it a day early saying she had a lot of last minute stuff to do. Came home and didn't even contact me for a day. I phoned her and asked when she was coming to get Eric. She said 'not today I am busy' (you couldn't make this up could you?) I remonstrated - she collected the dog and flounced off. Next day she asked me if I wanted her dog - saying she didn't think it was fair he had just got used to me and now had to go back to her!

NEVER AGAIN!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Good for you and stick to your guns. The last time I ever dogsat was about 2 yrs ago for the woman upstairs. Only offered because I heard she was going to leave the little dog on its own and just have someone in to feed it and let it out. It was winter and we had really noisy storms.

She brought it a day early saying she had a lot of last minute stuff to do. Came home and didn't even contact me for a day. I phoned her and asked when she was coming to get Eric. She said 'not today I am busy' (you couldn't make this up could you?) I remonstrated - she collected the dog and flounced off. Next day she asked me if I wanted her dog - saying she didn't think it was fair he had just got used to me and now had to go back to her!

NEVER AGAIN!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 04:26 AM
What a liberty........

So, are you having the rabbit now or not ?
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Oh good for you. Bloody push over that i am I probably would have still taken it!

You stick to your guns xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >