View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2012, 10:25 PM

Was someone asking about a cheaper neutering service ..?

Just saw this i am not sure if its good or not ?

Neutering Costs:-
© Manchester & Cheshire Dogs' Home

Male - under 10kg - £42

Male - 10-25kg - £59

Male - 25kg and over - £72

Female - under 10kg - £69

Female - 10-25kg - £84

Female - 25kg and over - £99
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Sorry Murf I dont know what the normal price is over there?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 08:12 AM
The costs here for spaying a bitch is £147, but costs vary from vet to vet
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2012, 08:48 AM
i'm sure we paid £110 for opie. i rang round a few different vets for quotes. the highest being £150.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
My daughter has just had her springer neutered. Someone suggested she ring the council for a voucher. She did and got the operation for half price. Worth checking out with your council.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
If you're in Wales, the north of England or NI and receiving certain benefits you can get it done through the Dogs Trust for £30.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
My daughter has just had her springer neutered. Someone suggested she ring the council for a voucher. She did and got the operation for half price. Worth checking out with your council.
I've always found that these vouchers are only available to those on benefits or low income. I was turned down for vouchers for both the spay of my dog and cat as I'm not on either, yet my neighbour who claims benefits, doesn't work, but is due to go on holiday to the Caribbean again this year is eligible apparently.

Anyway that's another thread entirely, just thought it was worth mentioning so people aren't too disappointed if they're declined.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Murf, Those prices are unbelievably low. Are you sure that those prices are for the general public to take their dogs in or just the prices for people who have rescued one of their dogs? My vet quoted £225 each for my dogs - have decided just to have one of my dogs given an implant which lasts a year and restricts the testosterone levels.
The south-east is stupidly expensive and I have a friend who has taken her dogs up to Leicester to have them castrated as its only about half the cost!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Murf, Those prices are unbelievably low. Are you sure that those prices are for the general public to take their dogs in or just the prices for people who have rescued one of their dogs? My vet quoted £225 each for my dogs - have decided just to have one of my dogs given an implant which lasts a year and restricts the testosterone levels.
The south-east is stupidly expensive and I have a friend who has taken her dogs up to Leicester to have them castrated as its only about half the cost!!
Yeah says this ..
Neutering Service

We offer a reduced fee neutering service to all people that own dogs

Neutering procedures are performed by our 3 in house veterinary surgeons and encompass all aspects of canine welfare as set out by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

We advise that all dogs are neutered, not only to reduce the number of unwanted and stray dogs but also to ensure that your dog lives a long and healthy life.

Un-neutered male and female dogs are prone to various life threatening conditions that could have been prevented if they had been neutered.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 07:07 AM
I've always found that these vouchers are only available to those on benefits or low income.

Apparently not - at least not where my daughter lives. She and her partner have a good income and are on no benefits at all.

You do have to use a vet chosen by the council, but fortunately it was a vet she knew and trusted.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >