View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Has anyone imported their dog from oz before to the UK?

Has anyone imported their dog from oz before to the UK?

Speaking on behalf of a friend here, as due to a change of circumstances is thinking of moving back to the UK! As far as I know OZ is on the list of the non EU allowed countries for the pet travel scheme.

The dog in question is a rescue and is 4 years old, apparently very chilled, good with people and other dogs and they think she is a Lab x Ridgeback. I will post a photo to see what you think- she definately has the stockyness/coat of an english lab and the temperament but seems to have the ears and muzzle of a ridgy although they look identical to my old labs ears but very small, although suggestions as to what else could be in there would be very welcome.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...51414349_n.jpg

Thing is, she is now trying to work out the best and cheapest options of getting her over here and wants to know what would be the best way of going about things.

Any words of wisdom?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Have a look at the DEFRA website.
The rules changed on 1st January, so it should be even easier now, and no quarantine will be needed.

There are various pet shipping companies that will handle everything, although I'm not sure if an Aus-based one would be better or UK-based.