Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2011, 04:25 PM

How long can you keep tinned dog food in the fridge

Just wondering as ive got sammy on butchers tripe mix tinned food, but i only use a smallish amount to mix in with his kibble's, the tin size is 1200g, how long can it be kept in the fridge covered before it needs chucking please.

Sorry if in wrong section.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Not sure, but I would think at the most, two days...?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
i wouldnt leave it longer than 3? but i dont know becuase i keep my raw in the fridge but its used before then.... why dont you buy the smaller tins, as i know butchers to smaller tins than 1200g?
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i wouldnt leave it longer than 3? but i dont know becuase i keep my raw in the fridge but its used before then.... why dont you buy the smaller tins, as i know butchers to smaller tins than 1200g?
yeah we usually do get the 400g, but it was 19p dearer than 2 400g tins. Will get the 400g ones next time lol oh well so much for saving pennies lol.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Empty the tin and divide the contents into the amount you give in each feed, and just freeze the individual amounts to take out one as and when needed.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Empty the tin and divide the contents into the amount you give in each feed, and just freeze the individual amounts to take out one as and when needed.
good idea Malka hun why i didnt think of that is past me, now i know why i bought loads of food bags. And thanx to all your reply's, the OH was giving me the eye as if to say another brainwave gone wrong.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
good idea Malka hun why i didnt think of that is past me, now i know why i bought loads of food bags. And thanx to all your reply's, the OH was giving me the eye as if to say another brainwave gone wrong.
I only thought of it 'cos I'se a nutter and stingy wivvit!

Never forget that each penny saved adds up...

[snigger]
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2011, 05:49 PM
I only thought of it 'cos I'se a nutter and stingy wivvit!

Never forget that each penny saved adds up...

[snigger]
No cant believe i didnt think of that myself, see it's 59p a 400g can so at £1.39p a 1200g can i saved by getting 3 big one's, which is equivilant to 9 can's which will last him alot longer for cheaper. stingy no way looking after the penny's it's called then i can spend more on treats for him lmao.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
No cant believe i didnt think of that myself, see it's 59p a 400g can so at £1.39p a 1200g can i saved by getting 3 big one's, which is equivilant to 9 can's which will last him alot longer for cheaper. stingy no way looking after the penny's it's called then i can spend more on treats for him lmao.
Never forget that you are talking to an ancient crone who learned many years ago that farthings [dem fings wot adda piccie ovva boidie on dem] add up to pennies [dem old pennies wivva lower case p not dem new ones wivva capital P and wot 240 of made a squid not like de ones wivva capital P duz now but wivva nundred of dem wot yer needs for a squid] so the amount you saved woz/iz wurfit.

Innit.

[Please excuse typos. I am not drunk, just kernakkeredid]
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Never forget that you are talking to an ancient crone who learned many years ago that farthings [dem fings wot adda piccie ovva boidie on dem] add up to pennies [dem old pennies wivva lower case p not dem new ones wivva capital P and wot 240 of made a squid not like de ones wivva capital P duz now but wivva nundred of dem wot yer needs for a squid] so the amount you saved woz/iz wurfit.

Innit.

[Please excuse typos. I am not drunk, just kernakkeredid]
thats was todays young kid coming out of you Malka
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >