View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Do you ever feel like it is one thing after another?

I've just taken Molly to the vets and discovered that she is definitely going to need another operation This is the third in a year and a half, not counting her spay!

In October, Molly was diagnosed with a Luxating Patella on her back right leg. We had this operated on and thought everything was okay. Then in March/May this year her back left leg gave way and I took her to the vets who did X-rays and confirmed it was another LP. She had an operation on it and a few weeks ago we were told she was healed enough that we could start introducing some exercise and doing physiotherapy and hydrotherapy.

Unfortunately I'd only been doing this for a week when I noticed she had a lump on her leg. I took her to the vets who did yet more x-rays and it turns out that the pin keeping her knee in place on her back left leg has snapped. So this Wednesday she is going in for yet another operation to remove the pin which will mean yet more cage rest We haven't been able to go on a proper walk since March!

To top it all off, I have sprained my shoulder which will take 4-6 weeks to heal so I have no idea how I'm going to care for Molly because she isn't allowed to go up any stairs, jump into the car or jump onto the furniture and I'm not going to be able to carry her until my shoulder is healed

I feel like it is one thing after another at the minute I am starting to feel like I just get her back on her feet and then something else goes wrong. Does anyone else feel like this? Can anyone else sympathise?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 05:42 PM
sorry cant help there as ive never had a problem with any of my two (thank god!!)

but i do feel for you. if you are on rest too then have a resting time together snuggles in bed lots of munch (for you!) good dvds and snuggles! im sure she wont mind some duvet days
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 07:31 PM
oh dear poor baby, cant be much fun for her
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
sorry cant help there as ive never had a problem with any of my two (thank god!!)

but i do feel for you. if you are on rest too then have a resting time together snuggles in bed lots of munch (for you!) good dvds and snuggles! im sure she wont mind some duvet days
Haha thank you for the kind words I think Molly is about sick of duvet days now! She is usually so happy to stay in bed with me but she's got to the point where she's sick of being sick! I think both of us are, I'm sure dog walks are the only thing that keeps me sane

Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
oh dear poor baby, cant be much fun for her
Definitely not she's feeling very sorry for herself
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I can certainly sympathise! I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment as I seem to lurch from one canine crisis to another! I know that the more dogs you have, the more likely you are to have problems but I do feel that I have had more than my fair share, but I guess there will be someone out there jumping up and down and shouting that they have had even more bad luck!

We just have to keep strong for our dogs as they are relying on us to see them through!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Haha thank you for the kind words I think Molly is about sick of duvet days now! She is usually so happy to stay in bed with me but she's got to the point where she's sick of being sick! I think both of us are, I'm sure dog walks are the only thing that keeps me sane

Definitely not she's feeling very sorry for herself
why dont you buy the dog iq test book. theres loads of stuff in it that you can do to test your dogs iq, and alot of them are brain games so she can get tired out without exercise and they could be fun for you to do with her too
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes know exactly how you feel sadly.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Yes know exactly how you feel sadly.
I've read on the forums about your dog's eye problems, that must have been really tough for you and your dog

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
why dont you buy the dog iq test book. theres loads of stuff in it that you can do to test your dogs iq, and alot of them are brain games so she can get tired out without exercise and they could be fun for you to do with her too
Ooh I haven't heard about that! Thank you, I might see if I can get hold of a copy thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I can certainly sympathise! I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment as I seem to lurch from one canine crisis to another! I know that the more dogs you have, the more likely you are to have problems but I do feel that I have had more than my fair share, but I guess there will be someone out there jumping up and down and shouting that they have had even more bad luck!

We just have to keep strong for our dogs as they are relying on us to see them through!
There is always someone else worse off, isn't there? I can imagine it really does feel like one thing after another if you have more dogs, I hope you and your dogs are feeling better soon!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 04:27 PM
heres the link. we had it at college and i took a look, did a few tests with daph

http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/Test-...1092792&sr=8-2