Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:04 PM

Upset :(

My staffie was attcked in the park today, by a cocker spaniel. The other dogs owner carried on walking (pushing a pram) and didnt try to stop his dog. My OH had to hoist our dog into the air and the other dog was still growling and dancing around our feet until the other man got so far away his dog chased him. I have tried to forget the incident but its still gtting to me. Thank god my 10 week old old pup wasnt there
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Aww Bless That must have been scary....

It's idiots like him, that give other dog owners a bad name

Hope you're all OK xx
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Report this to your local dog warden, the dog may have done it before and/or may go on to do it again - even if the DW does nothing now, having it noted may help someone else who finds themselves in the same position if it's shown that this owner has a history of not controlling their dog.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks Lou. It was very scary especially as my dog was on a lead and couldnt run and his dog was off and wouldnt go away. Minnie seems ok too though I dont think she realised her harness enabled her to fly before today
Still cant stop thinking about it though
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Report this to your local dog warden, the dog may have done it before and/or may go on to do it again - even if the DW does nothing now, having it noted may help someone else who finds themselves in the same position if it's shown that this owner has a history of not controlling their dog.

Great post.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I dont usually use this park I use a bigger, nicer one a few miles away but have been using this one as its closer and can get back to my pup quicker. Ive never met the dog warden. I will try to find out how I can find him/her. Thanks
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 11:35 PM
I got our dog wardens number through the police when I phoned the non emergency number to report my dog being attacked.

Hope your dog's okay.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I am sorry you had this, its a scary thing
and just horrible that the other owner just didnt care - even if he didnt care about your dog (which he should have) his dog attacking other dogs could well get himself hurt - especially onlead dogs - who are often onlead for a good reason
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Try to get it noted - I obviously wasn't there to see what went on but you can bet your boots if the cocker had been on the receiving end of the staffie things would be viewed a bit differently.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 11:52 PM
She is only kept onlead as she jumps on people and children. She was found straying and ended up at Manchester Dogs Home. Nothing is known about her past and she has pretty bad manners (if well meaning, she only wants to say hi). Shes not vicious to anything thank god. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >