Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Fish4Dogs - giving it a try

Ordered some sample bags of F4D, which I've been adding to Poppy's RC. She seems to go for the F4D kibbles first so hopefully if it agrees with her I'll be changing over to that. Tried mixing some Applaws dry in with her RC a couple of weeks ago but once we reached 10g of Applaws with 20g of RC, it upset her stomach, but fingers crossed the F4D will agree with her.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Sounds like fine cuisine lol.
My dog's the same - she LOVES F4D, i've never seen her go for a food like it, unfortuantly it is a little expensive so she has to go to JWB and now i may have to put her on CSJ which is a massive fall.

You're bound to notice a change in your dog through behaviour and especially coat condition, my dog went soft and shiny
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately the F4D didn't last long. Once we got to 30% F4D and 70% her normal food during the change over her poos became very sloppy.

I'm wondering if she needs the rice in her food to help bulk her.

I've read some very good reviews on Wainwrights, so might give that a go.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Hope she gets on ok with it, I must say I havent been impressed with the condition of a few dogs I have boarded that have been fed on it. Mine do enjoy their skin treats though. The Cats wont touch their pouches here at all.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
Unfortunately the F4D didn't last long. Once we got to 30% F4D and 70% her normal food during the change over her poos became very sloppy.

I'm wondering if she needs the rice in her food to help bulk her.

I've read some very good reviews on Wainwrights, so might give that a go.
I nearly put my dogs on fish4dogs but changed my mind and put them on arden grange sensitive as they were on arden grange anyway. It really suits my sensitive GSD and they seem to enjoy or more
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2011, 06:57 PM
My dog prefers sardine f4d as the smell is stronger (trust me it is!)
Wainwrights is good, better thing is that there is more flavours than with f4d my dog was on it for around 6 months but made her a little runny as theres like 4% fibre when f4d is around 2%.
Unfortuantly due to money i'm going to have to put her on Asda hero soon
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hope she gets on ok with it, I must say I havent been impressed with the condition of a few dogs I have boarded that have been fed on it. Mine do enjoy their skin treats though. The Cats wont touch their pouches here at all.
Do you mean the Wainwrights?

I got a bag yesterday of the Turkey and Rice, gave Poppy a couple of kibbles last night and she ate them - actually crunched them which she tends not to do with smaller kibbles.

Started her off today with 5g of WW and 25g of RC, will do that for a couple of days before uping to 10g/20g; 15g/15g and so on.

I'm really at a loss. She'll try something new and maybe have one day of sloppy poos, then the next day she'll be fine, so I never know whether to continue increasing the amount of the new food or just take it that it doesn't suit her, so to be on the safe side I stop increasing. I'm wondering now if I'd continued with the F4D she might have been ok after a couple of day.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
I nearly put my dogs on fish4dogs but changed my mind and put them on arden grange sensitive as they were on arden grange anyway. It really suits my sensitive GSD and they seem to enjoy or more
I tried Poppy on AG a couple of years ago, she just look at it and looked at me as if to say "what do you call this?" She won't even touch their biscuits.

Dog food = mine field!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
Do you mean the Wainwrights?

I got a bag yesterday of the Turkey and Rice, gave Poppy a couple of kibbles last night and she ate them - actually crunched them which she tends not to do with smaller kibbles.

Started her off today with 5g of WW and 25g of RC, will do that for a couple of days before uping to 10g/20g; 15g/15g and so on.

I'm really at a loss. She'll try something new and maybe have one day of sloppy poos, then the next day she'll be fine, so I never know whether to continue increasing the amount of the new food or just take it that it doesn't suit her, so to be on the safe side I stop increasing. I'm wondering now if I'd continued with the F4D she might have been ok after a couple of day.
No, I mean fish for dogs pouches for cats and the dry food that clients dogs have come in on.
lilyben
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2011, 09:43 AM
you really need to stick to 1 food,it can take some time for a dog to adjust,crush some pumpkin seeds and add to the meal,i use these if my dog gets sloppy or constipated,but persevere with the one choice of food,plus swopping and changing could lead to allergies,karen
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >