Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
blackbird
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:23 PM

Natures Menu pouches

Does anyone use the Natures Menu pouches? How do your dogs get on with them? The only thing concerning me is the "Various Sugars" on the label, which is apparently dextrose. Would appreciate any experiences with them. Thanks.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Save yourself some money & try Wainwrights (PAH) wet food trays. Fab food & excellent value.
blackbird
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Save yourself some money & try Wainwrights (PAH) wet food trays. Fab food & excellent value.
Thanks for that - have you ever used the NM pouches or just the WW?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
Thanks for that - have you ever used the NM pouches or just the WW?
Ive used NM but still prefer Wainwrights.
ttaylor45
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I use natures menu tins as I have tried the pouches and my fussy dog won't eat them which I assume is due to the consistency of the food the pouches are much smoother (like pate) than the tins. I have tried wainwrights but to be honest it seems quite sticky to me and the dogs are not so keen. They don't like nature diet or natures harvest either. I have found they only really like the chicken or beef and chicken natures menu which I think is probably as these two varieties contain potato opposed to the other two flavours lamb and salmon both with chicken that have rice in instead of potato.
blackbird
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by ttaylor45 View Post
I use natures menu tins as I have tried the pouches and my fussy dog won't eat them which I assume is due to the consistency of the food the pouches are much smoother (like pate) than the tins. I have tried wainwrights but to be honest it seems quite sticky to me and the dogs are not so keen. They don't like nature diet or natures harvest either. I have found they only really like the chicken or beef and chicken natures menu which I think is probably as these two varieties contain potato opposed to the other two flavours lamb and salmon both with chicken that have rice in instead of potato.
Thanks - the tins definitely look different to the pouches, don't they? Do you mind me asking where you get your tins from - I know Jollyes do them, but we don't have one near us so apart from PAH (who only do single tins) I would prefer to order in bulk eventually if I stick with them.
ttaylor45
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:49 AM
I bulk buy them from Berriewoods, I know it sounds a lot for two toy poodles but I order 9 trays of 12 cans (108 cans in total) at a time as the more you order the slightly cheaper it is and they charge £4.99 delivery however many you buy. I will get the Beef and Chicken one (Rusty the fussy ones favourite) and the Chicken and Potato one this time as Rusty has now gone off the Lamb one and neither of them seemed to like the salmon one. I always ask Berriewoods to make sure they have long dates on the cans as they last me nearly 4 months. You can also get them from Pets at Home but they are no cheaper and with Berriewoods they are delivered direct to your door which is so much easier.
kestral
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 02:05 PM
What about nature diet trays.. they are completley natural.

Wainrights is pets at homes copy of foods like JWB, ND and NM. Generally I have found that most my dogs do not take to PAH food very well, but you could try it.

I think my pup prefers nature diet to Nature menu and definatley to Wainrights. Just be careful because with the tray foods they will sometimes go off so check the smell first!
ttaylor45
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I have tried nature diet on my two dogs but they don't like it neither do they like natures harvest which is why i buy the natures menu tins as one of them doesn't like even the pouches of natures menu. I know it is more expensive than the others but I don't mind as long as they eat it because I feel it is a very good quality food. They also have Arden Grange mini lamb and rice kibble which I fill kongs with.
blackbird
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I've got some of the Natures Menu tins and Henry loves them! We've got some of each and I definitely think they're better than the pouches.

We used to use Naturediet all the time, but to be honest after having one explode in my face and finding several that were off, it put me off a bit. This may well have been rectified now, but I decided to give ND a miss until I didn't keep hearing of food that had gone off or packaging that hadn't sealed. Does anyone know if the problems have been sorted out now? I still think ND is an excellent food and would go back to it without hesitation if I could buy it in bulk and be confident that I wasn't going to find blown packets.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >