Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 04:29 PM

On the bootsale this morning

saw this woman walking along with a young mastiff,he had a coat on and over this coat was a sign saying PLEASE GIVE ME A HOME!!!!
and she would of happily just handed it over to whoever asked for it. i would of taken him/her home,i know i want a companion for ben but i cant just bring a strange dog into the house.
anyone could of taken it. basildon is well known for the nasty sort who like to encourage dogs to fight. poor dog.
and yes i know the owner could be feeling the pinch with money ect. but theres plenty of rescue homes around here.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2011, 04:41 PM
strange way of doing things...
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 04:54 PM
It couldn't have been a joke thing could it, like one of those hats that say 'say kiss me quick' on them?(do they still make those). I find it shocking if someone was serious
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Some rescues have those coats for fosterers to use
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Would they have to have the name of rescue and/or logo on as well though?(sorry have never come across before).
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2011, 08:43 PM
a mastiff... I would have snatched him up I desperatly want a new dog
Rest in peace Sandy and Snoop.
Its lonely around here sometimes but at the moment its not the right time or fair, so i will have to keep on pining and whining.

When we walk dogs at the blue cross, we sometimes put on them t-shirts or bandanas with the blue cross logo on. To sort of attract people out that the dogs are rescue dogs which need a home. Maybe this woman was fostering or walking on behalf of a rescue? If not.. Well its a bad way to attract the wrong people. :-S Unless the dog had been very naughty, so she was doing it as a way of a joke.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:41 PM
no logo just a green coat with a white writing on it. theres loads of ways to re-home a dog around here, also a dog warden who would help
Devilica
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
no logo just a green coat with a white writing on it. theres loads of ways to re-home a dog around here, also a dog warden who would help
I guess you didn't stop to ask her about the dog. I foster rescue dogs and want bandanas that state " adopt me please" and "I need a home". A friend of mine who has some often gets people asking why she is giving her dog away...... of course this then results in them finding out about the rescue. There are always those who don't say anything and assume the worst.

As a fosterer its a great way to get people talking about the dogs in your care.
Devilica
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Would they have to have the name of rescue and/or logo on as well though?(sorry have never come across before).
They wouldn't have to. Often these things are made by the fosterers themselves to promote the dogs.