Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Some things just arent meant to be..

well after trying to stop asbo from weeing in the middle of the night, which he was fine with in his crate, but not when loose, i have given up trying to let him sleep on the bed with me.

i dont know why he does it, but he wees in the middle of my bed at about half 2 in the morning.

so im giving up, no more stripping the bed in the middle of the night, no more washing the bedding when i get up, hes just going to stay in his crate all night.

i do feel guilty because i like having them in my bed with me, and daphni loves it. im going to feel bad having daph on the bed and asbo looking on from his crate, but i can not have him weeing on my bed all the time.

sorry asbo.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Maybe he will somehow make the connection and learn to hang on till morning!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't blame you! Give him a few more months and maybe try him again when he is a bit bigger?
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
hmm, I used to look after a CC that despite a lot of hard work from his owner and me, never managed to be clean in the house. Could you maybe set and alarm to let him out.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
well this is the thing, hes 6 months old now, and daphni slept on my bed from 12 weeks, was clean in the night from 12 weeks, asbo is just a pain in the bum

he hasnt taken the hint because i let him sleep in my bed, he weed on it a few times so i started crating him again, and now let him out after another two weeks of being clean in the crate, and he peed on the bed again

so looks like he can stay in his crate...
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Perhaps Asbo has a different nature from Daphni, and feels a bit more secure in his crate, as it seems from what you are saying that, if he is in it, he sleeps through all night.

I can only speak from experience with my little dog, which might be different from your situation. He may be quite lively and playful before he goes to bed. But when it is time for settling down, he goes right into his crate, curls up and goes to sleep. He is always lying upside down, completely relaxed in the morning. (I lift him out the top, and he just flops about, all comfy and warm.) During the evening, even if he is on the sofa, when he feels tired, he will jump down and go into his crate and sleep as well. I would love him to sleep on the bed, he is such a dinky little thing, but I think he sees his crate is a comfy and secure little place to be, so I've gone with what he seems to prefer. Such is life...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
hmm, I used to look after a CC that despite a lot of hard work from his owner and me, never managed to be clean in the house. Could you maybe set and alarm to let him out.
oh hes clean in the house during the day no problem, even if i leave him at home alone for 6 hours is the usual, he is fine, doesnt toilet, and he has half the kitchen to himself then (admittedly thats not very often) and he wont go at all, its just at night. he usually goes out at about half 10, 11 oclock, and then can pee on the bed by half 2... makes no sense.

Originally Posted by TheABCs View Post
Perhaps Asbo has a different nature from Daphni, and feels a bit more secure in his crate, as it seems from what you are saying that, if he is in it, he sleeps through all night.

I can only speak from experience with my little dog, which might be different from your situation. He may be quite lively and playful before he goes to bed. But when it is time for settling down, he goes right into his crate, curls up and goes to sleep. He is always lying upside down, completely relaxed in the morning. (I lift him out the top, and he just flops about, all comfy and warm.) During the evening, even if he is on the sofa, when he feels tired, he will jump down and go into his crate and sleep as well. I would love him to sleep on the bed, he is such a dinky little thing, but I think he sees his crate is a comfy and secure little place to be, so I've gone with what he seems to prefer. Such is life...
hmm could be, he is different to daphni, he is alot more of a live wire during the day, and has been completely different training wise, bit of a nightmare actually. he soon settles down when he is in there, and goes straight in when you say in your bed may just have to leave him in there.. an excuse to get another puppy to share the bed although the breeds i want next doubt there would be enough room for me
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Try not to feel bad about crating him at night, it really isn't a pattern you want to continue, he is only young and it may take some more time yet to get the issue sorted. I just got a girl that pee's in her own bed at night for the first two days she didn't pee at all during the day but every morning her bed was wet, even though she could have pee'd on the floor, her bed was wet. Even though I had taken her out at 2am, then out at 7am, I had never encountered that before, but she is now peeing through the day and her bed has been dry for two nights (it is a tad shameful how exciting it is when the bed is dry in the morning).
Not sure about how big he is, but can he get on and off the bed by himself?
Good luck
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:29 AM
He's got a different personality and wants things done differently - that's no failing, he's just a different dog.

For what it's worth - if not managed my cat will pee on the bed or piles of clothes left on the floor. For her the floor thing is laziness so that's managed by not leaving clothes lying on the floor, and the bed peeing is when she's annoyed at stuff - so we don't leave her in the bedroom unsupervised when we know stuff's going to have irked her (like when we got the dog). She's a very loving cat - just has those behavioural quirks and we work around her (translation - she's got all her human pets well-trained) - same as you're doing with the crating.

He might mature out of it if you go back to crating and break it now before it becomes massively ingrained as a behaviour - but if you keep on letting him, isn't there a very good chance he's going to get it into his head that "2am=bed widdles"?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Try not to feel bad about crating him at night, it really isn't a pattern you want to continue, he is only young and it may take some more time yet to get the issue sorted. I just got a girl that pee's in her own bed at night for the first two days she didn't pee at all during the day but every morning her bed was wet, even though she could have pee'd on the floor, her bed was wet. Even though I had taken her out at 2am, then out at 7am, I had never encountered that before, but she is now peeing through the day and her bed has been dry for two nights (it is a tad shameful how exciting it is when the bed is dry in the morning).
Not sure about how big he is, but can he get on and off the bed by himself?
Good luck
yeah he can get on and off on his own, i think hes just lazy. so hes staying in his crate for now.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >