Our sister sites
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:06 PM

A new Family Member

Meet our new family member Sookie.

WARNING:: LONG POST WITH MANY PICS

Can anyone guess where we got her? well here is the story: We had been in Columbia, Missouri and had just gotten home from a 6 hour deal at the hospital were my boyfriends dad is having surgery due to a firefighter accident, and visiting his grma at the nursing home. Anyhow we got home and I saw a dog in the yard it was a white and brown dog.. she had no collar on and was barking at the house.. but when I got out of the car a black dog greeted me.. shy but slowly. .. she had a green collar on. We got a hold of the black dog since it was late at night we couldn't call the animal shelter, so we were going to house both dogs for the night. well we had the black one.. as i mentioned.. but the white one would not come within 5 feet of me or my boyfriend she was clearly scared... possibly a stray.. she ran off before I could get another leash and collar out to get her.. but we did call the animal shelter the next day and they found her she will find a good home there. we decided to keep the black dog and named her Sookie. Here are some pics of her.

Note:
I think she looks like a bit of German Shepherd, Lab, and maybe Collie... What do you all think?

SOOKIE

The poor girl clearly has messed a few meals...

and her being happy again.

she is still shy but loving it here and her and Abby get along Great besides the domination part haha.

Pic of Abby and Sookie sleeping

Sookie and Abby Randomly

and The cat cuddles who doesn't know what to do with two dogs in the house he hides most the time.. He is 14years old and is adjusting to the word dogs as well as living with them

Thanks for Looking
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Not to rain on your parade but have you advertised to see if she has an owner looking for her?
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes we have just as we did with Abby. We posted pics and told neighbors as well as put in a found dog report in the paper and at the animals shelter. We found her on friday of last week of course.. and still haven't heard anything and we are still waiting to see if anyone calls. the pound told us to consider her ours in a week. its been that long. just That i haven't had internet to post anything.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
she actually looks in good condition...there is probably someone looking for her- have you had her checked for a chip?
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
She has no chip in her and like said above no one has called we have even walked around town where its possible and asked if anyone is missing the dog. no one has claimed her. the Pound says they have seen her before.. they think someone dumped her though.. even though we think this yes we are still searching for the rightful owner. I am just following The animal shelters directions as I did with Abby, our other rescued stray dog.
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
It has already been a full week, we have done what we can and beyond to find the owner. She seems to be a pup still, so the pound isn't to hopeful that someone is going to claim her. I am hoping if the Family IS looking for her we do find them. But for now we are letting The Good Lord do his will and letting her live with us, though she might not be ours we still consider her family and treat her as she is apart of it. I gave her a bath and of course and feeding her. She is healthy just a bit skinner than normal but has been doing well eating normally.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 10:42 PM
She is a cutie! Apart from being a tad skinny, she does look in good condition, and if she has been missing a while that could explain the weight... she must have an owner somewhere if she had a collar on...
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 08:32 AM
She's very pretty. She looks a bit like a lab/whippet I had many years ago. I hope things work out for her, whether it's with you or her original owners.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:13 AM
She is lovely

I don't want to apperar suspicious but I admit to finding it very strange how you keep finding stray dogs and keeping them Unless it is extremely common in the US to have dogs wandering around?

In all my nearly 37 years I have only ever come across 3 stray dogs and all of them were reunited with their owners
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Aww Bless She's gorgeous Thanks for sharing x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >