Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:16 PM

An introduction ,tinged with sadness

Hi My name is Maureen,I have 3 cats Rigsby,named from Rising Damp and Dougal named from Father Ted ,both 14 and little Ollie aged 6,all indoor cats ,all rescues and up till midnight last night I had 2 dogs Buster and Lulu,both rescues,both crossbreeds, both 14.Buster has mild dementia,looks lost a lot of the time,paces about etc,he still enjoys his food and his walks and wags his tail when he sees us.The vet said hes not in pain ,so we just go along with his sometimes strange behaviour .He and Lulu came here together at 3 months old ,Buster had had 2 previous oners who ill treated him.Before his dementia he would howl and cry if Lulu went anywhere without him.They were spoilt rotten and our life was planned round them and the cats-our choice.I dont know how Im managing to type this because Lulu died just after midnight and the pain is unbearable.I was very unexpected she died on the couch with her head on my knee.We carried her up and put her in her bed in our room,wrapped in her blanket.Weve made a little box for her and are going to bury her in the garden where she loved to sit in the sun.Im glad that she died here with us.Shes the 4th dog weve lost the first 2 were strays and lived to 17,1 of them had to be put to sleep,we asked the vet to come here,he gave her the injection and straight away with me sitting with my dog on my knee he asked for payment.I was so angry!!!Needless to say we changed vets,our present one is completely different ,but Im still glad we didnt have to make that decision to end her life.I know that all this should perhaps have not gone on the Intrioduction section,but Im sure youll understand.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello Maureen ,
A warm welcome to Dogsey,
the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please Click Here

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Welcome to Dogsey, so sorry about Lulu. You could post a tribute and a photo in the gone but not forgotten section if it would help?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome, though I'm sorry is under such circumstances.

As Fudgeley says, if you post something in the Gone but not Forgotten section, I am sure you will receive a mountain of support from Dogsey members...many of us have been through the heartache and know exactly how you feel.

Take care
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:44 PM
So so sorry abiut Lulu. We lost a much lo ed companion dog in June.

Hugs from us xx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:45 PM
So so sorry abiut Lulu. We lost a much lo ed companion dog in June.

Hugs from us xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Welcome to Dogsey.

Sorry to hear about Lulu.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey.

So very sorry about Lulu but at least she died in your arms surrounded by love so you did not have to make that awful decision which you have been through before.

I always have rescues and lost my beloved border collie aged 15 last November. It's horrible isn't it and never gets any easier.

God bless Lulu.

xxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi, am very sorry about Lulu x
michelle_m
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello sorry to hear about lulu