Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dust
New Member!
Male 

28-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Being offered lhasa apso husky cross pup

Currently we have a settled 4 year old Eurasier bitch and were thinking of adding another dog to the household, the wife has designs on a Lhasa apso or Pug (she has no idea ) anyway a work colleague's lhasa apso has been caught by a Siberian Husky I'm just wondering what we'd be getting, have heard of Husky's being difficult and the lhasa being yappy, the last thing I'd need is a difficult yappy dog. Any thoughts absolutely welcome.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Hmm if your work colleague's bitch is the lhasa apso then I think he would be stupid to allow the pregnancy to take place, the size difference between both breeds is huge! and it could quite possibly kill the poor bitch if she is left to carry that litter! He would be better off taking his bitch into the vet's and getting her the mismate jab.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I was thinking the same as the above - I hope they have a lot of money and emotional resilience put aside, as this could easily be such a disaster. C-sections are never cheap, and as most bitches whelp at night, are frequently out-of-hours which can double ot even treble the cost.

The modern mis-mate jabs can be given well into the pregnancy.

If live pups do result without mishap then I really can't imagine what they would be like!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 11:40 PM
i agree with both above posts... the size the pups could be, is horrible to think about for poor mum...
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Can only echo the above really this have a very high chance of ending in heart ache if allowed to carry on.

On the other side i dread to think what this mix would be like. I have found Lhasa's to be a bit high strung and very barky, add that to the stubborn independance of a sibe and it would be a challenge.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Currently we have a settled 4 year old Eurasier bitch and were thinking of adding another dog to the household, the wife has designs on a Lhasa apso or Pug (she has no idea ) anyway a work colleague's lhasa apso has been caught by a Siberian Husky I'm just wondering what we'd be getting, have heard of Husky's being difficult and the lhasa being yappy, the last thing I'd need is a difficult yappy dog. Any thoughts absolutely welcome.
I completey agree with everyone else, your wife might be doing the owner (not to mention the poor bitch) a favour in pointing out the size difference in the two dogs.

In simple terms the bitch will not be able to give birth to puppies to big for the birth canal.

If the owner of this girl is stupid enough to allow this pregnancy to go ahead, she must be made aware of the danger of losing her bitch, and the cost of having surgery (if it got that far0 to save the dogs life.

Please pass on the concerns and ask the owner to visit the vet to get their opinion on such a miss mating!!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Blimey! The poor girl! Hope they do get the jab or else it could easily kill her.
Dust
New Member!
Male 

29-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Ok, it would seem I have misheard the story, the bitch is the husky, I'm curious to see the pups (they are now 6 weeks old) but the whole situation seems odd to say the least.
Thank you for the replies.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Hope this is a Joke or poor Bitch and stupid Bl**dy colleague.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Why on earth would anyone allow this mating to go ahead? Is it too late to get the jab?
I can`t imagine a sillier cross. And a less likely one. The bitch must have extremely short legs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >