View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maryannao
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2010, 12:12 PM

New to Dogsey (Lab off her food/raised temp)

Hi I'm a new member -owner of Millie a 3 year old yellow labrador who at the moment isn't very well she's been having high temperatures and off her food which for a labrador is serious! Just wondering if it might be lungworm and was looking to see if anyone else had any experience of this?
Lori1974
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi maryannao,
I'm new as well. I love Labs as I used to own a chocolate one.

If I were you I would take your lab straight to the vet as opposed to guessing what it might be as the symptoms you describe sound quite serious.

I hope everything turns out ok and let us know how you get on.

Best Wishes

Lori.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello Mary Anne, welcome to Dogsey .

I think dogs with lung worm often have a cough. However there could be a whole number of different conditions with the symptoms you describe making Millie unwell. Whatever the cause of Millie's problem I think it requires further investigation and I would ask the vet to check her over and do blood tests ASAP.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Is she spayed? Any discharge?
I`d be taking her to the vet if she`s still off colour tomorrow.
I hope she`s better soon.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Being a Lab has she eaten something she maybe shouldn't have. If It was my lab I would be getting him booked in the vets in the morning. Hope she starts to feel better soon.
mandyB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I would think it fairly unlikely to be lungworm, my Pointer had that and his symptoms were a persistent cough, weight loss and lack of energy, he didn't have a temperature.

I too would book Millie in with the vet asap tomorrow, she's obviously feeling very unwell not to be eating, and a high temperature usually indicates the body is fighting an infection, bug or virus somewhere.

Hope she's feeling better soon.
maryannao
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone - really good to get all your suggestions.
Millie has been to the vet and had blood tests and x-rays all of which are inconclusive except to show she's fighting some sort of infection. Anyway back home now with antibiotics etc she seems much better and reasonably back to normal and interested in food which is always a good sign!