Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Crush needs a home.

I have short term fostered a collie spaniel cross called Crush this evening.

He was dumped at my vets by a drunk wanting him put to sleep because he couldnt look after him anymore!!!

The vets will try to contact shelters and I am trying to do what I can to find a home for this boy. We cant take him on full time unfortunately.

The vets think he is approx 6 years old.
Neutered.
He has a bad flea allergy and has lost fur around his back end and is a little porky at 23kg.
He seems a sweet dog, very little training, pulls a little on the lead but not too bad, seems eager to please and is quite freindly.
He seems ok with Jasper our 18 month dog who is really boisterous. Crush will curl his lip and growl if Jas gets too close or if in a confined area (hallway etc).
Seems fine in car (10 mile jouney from vets to home)
Loves his food!

No contact with kids, cats or other dogs as yet (only had him 3 hours!) so cant comment.

Please pm me if you think you can help.

Karen

cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
He looks lovely!!! Sorry I'm too far away to help with rehoming... But with that face.... Crush is the right name!!!! Good luck!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Good Luck Crush.

He is a real smasher
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I wish I could
If we had the room we'd have so many dogs!
I'm from Gloucester although haven't lived there for 12 years.
Good luck with Crush.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Honestly, some people are just pigs, they really are - and that's insulting the pigs!

Hope Crush finds his forever home son - he looks just lovely

dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks guys, he really is a little sweetie, goodness knows what he is making of it all, he hasnt let me out of his sight since I brought him home.
I have sneaked him into work for a couple of hours before I take him back to the vets for doggy daycare!! he's being very good and snoozing next to me, I dont feel it would be right to leave him home unattended with bouncy Jasper!!

he really is lovely, and I would love a second dog, but its not right for us at the moment, Jasper needs some work first, his lead training has already diminshed and its only been 1 night!!
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2010, 09:44 AM
OK, after speaking to the vet again this morning, a little more info...

It seems the drunk wanted him pts because he had "savaged" another dog at the weekend, and there is some talk that he may have been aggressive to people/person too!! (all a bit vague in drunken kind of way!)

All the vet staff who have seen him are quite surprised he is supposed to be a monster dog!!
I can only guess this poor boy is in so much discomfort with his skin and ears (he was yelping while scratching his manky ears last night) its hardly surprising he got into a scrap, especially if another dog was hassling him. Also, if they had tried to seperate 2 fighting dogs, its most likely someone may have got hurt.
Its really difficult to make sense of the situation, especially when recounted by someone who is drunk and clearly struggles to look after himself, let alone his dog!!
I guess he has still tried to do his best by the dog by taking him to the vet rather than dumping him by the roadside! still a bleak situation though.

One of our doggy minded customers took him for another walk this morning, where he met a large group of dogs and he was fine, our customer got chatting to a dog walker who came to see me after, she may know someone who will take him on, so fingers crossed.

Its probably fair to say he doesnt like children, the very dog savvy 10 yr old son of the customer, quietly and calmly came to say hello to Crush, but was growled at before he could even touch him (he growled louder and more meaningful than anything Jasper dog has recieved!)
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Just an update.
The vet has been in touch tonight, she has managed to find another foster home for a couple of weeks (we were only able to do a few nights) and may have found someone in Yorkshire who will take him on.

I miss the little guy, he really was a sweet dog and I so wish we could have given him a permanent home. I really hope he gets a kind and caring home.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
aw he is stunning, some people are just vile..

Glad he has found another foster home for now, and that soon he is in that forever loving home. well done for helping all you could.