Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Snowboarding holiday!

does any one else snowboard or ski?

ive been to swizerland once and loved it but want to go this year straight after or on xmas anywhere nice - anyone have any ideas i want a nice hotel pref with a sauna and not too exspensive - dont ask for much do i!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Austria is quite cheap comapred to other places. I usually go to Alpbach. If you want a hotel with Sauna you will have to go to the 5 star hotel but its worth it. Food is very nice and people there are brilliant. night life aint bad either. altho if you want night life i would sugggest Soll
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2010, 07:18 PM
aw great i was looking at austria and food is a must for me i got samonella on my last holiday so prob will be going 5 * this time - thanks x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Some of the cheaper hotels are great, you can always book into a cheaper one and use the facilities at a more expensive one lol. Thats what i did
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I would recomment Austria as well. Zell Am See, Leogang and St Johann are three resorts i have been to. St Johann has a fantastic posh hotel complete with sauna, steam room, fluffy white towel robes - the lot lol. No idea what prices are like there at that time of year though as i usually go in feb! xx
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2010, 08:52 PM
brill ill have a look at st johann now thanks x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Austria definitely! I've been skiing for years but only went to Austria for the first time 2 years ago. I loved it. It's way cheaper than France and Italy. Prices are going up there tho so now's the time to go. I went to an area called Ski Welt. It's a massive area all connected by lifts. We stayed in Hopfgarten right outside the ski hire shop and the gondola up the mountain...perfect.
If you're going at Xmas make sure you get a higher resort. very often there'snot much snow at that time and the seasons do seem to be getting later. x