Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2010, 11:07 AM

Advice needed for job application

Hi

Been in my job for 14 years now and due to changes happening, feeling really fed up and seen a job advertised that I could apply for but not sure how to answer one of the questions.

I have to say my key achievements of my current role and also a supporting statement. I'm ok with the statement, I just relate it to the duties I undertake now but not sure if the achievements mean the way I have altered my duties to make my job more efficient. What does everyone else think?
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Hi

Been in my job for 14 years now and due to changes happening, feeling really fed up and seen a job advertised that I could apply for but not sure how to answer one of the questions.

I have to say my key achievements of my current role and also a supporting statement. I'm ok with the statement, I just relate it to the duties I undertake now but not sure if the achievements mean the way I have altered my duties to make my job more efficient. What does everyone else think?
your key achievments will of course differ depending on the type of work but genericly speaking, any successes you have had, particularly where you will have used your initiative or contributed to improving your role or service. Your supporting statement and achivements is all about matching to the job specification and bragging about how great you are and showing off all they great work you have done and difference you have made.

All the best, its a big step leaving a job after 14 yrs especially in these times giving up all that continued service years. Id be mad nervous moving jobs and ive only been working 3 yrs next month
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Maybe use things that you have done exceptionally well whilst in the position.. or are most proud of?
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2010, 09:17 AM
I've done it, just submitted my application online. I might not even get an interview, but at least I've tried!