Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 09:42 PM

John Travolta's pet dogs 'die in airport accident'

Two dogs belonging to actor John Travolta were killed in a freak accident at an airport in Maine last week, the Bangor Daily News reports.

According to the News, the accident occurred Thursday, shortly after the plane landed at Bangor International Airport. Someone who was not a family member took the two small dogs for a walk, when an airport service vehicle struck and killed them.

The News discovered the accident after it obtained an email sent by the Bangor city to other officials. The city later released a statement to the newspaper saying, “An airport service pickup truck was approaching the airplane to service the airplane and did not see the dogs. Unfortunately, the dogs were struck and killed. The airport is investigating the accident. Out of respect for the family’s privacy the city will make no further comment.”

It is unclear whether any charges will be filed against the unnamed employee. The assistant walking the dog was unharmed.

The Travoltas own a home in the area. The “Grease” actor is also an accomplished pilot, although it is unclear whether he was flying the plane that landed at the airport.

Last January, his 16-year-old son Jett suffered a fatal seizure while vacationing with the family in the Bahamas

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.c...t+Headlines%29

I love John Travolta. he has had such a tragic time lately
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Oh that's awful! And so soon after his son as well...

I'm kind of confused by how the dogs would be in such a position to be killed by a vehicle though. Surely the person walking them would have had them on their leads & would've either been walking them in a safe place or would have moved them out of the way of the vehicle? Unless the vehicle that struck them was going at a ridiculous speed & couldn't slow down in time. Sounds like a bit of a mess up to me
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 11:32 PM
So sad poor dogs. I also wonder how this managed to happen...
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-05-2010, 11:34 PM
That's sad to hear.

Poor bloke is certainly having a rough time of it lately.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 01:29 AM
So sad. That poor family!