Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Neighbours phoned the RSPCA

On Monday I came home from work to find my neighbours sister standing outside my house.
Apparently Ayla had managed to escape out of our garden and into theirs and killed 3 guinne pigs. I could see where the fence had been damaged but Ayla had no blood, marks, cuts or anything on her.
Anyway I was very apoligetic to the neighbour and offered to replace the guinne pigs, I have also had a new super Ayla proof fence erected. (Although the day before this was put up the little girl living there asked me when am I putting up the nice new wooden fence ) So I thought that would be the end of it

Well today I was in bed trying to sleep (Im on nights at the moment) and had a knock at the door, I looked out to seee who it was and saw on RSPCA officer.

I let the officer in and she then told me my nneighbour had phoned them as we are apparenlty punching,kicking and neglecting Ayla
We would never hurt Ayla and she is looked after so well, luckly the RSPCA officer was very happy once I explained the situation and after meeting Ayla she was happy to see she is a much loved part of the family
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 09:27 PM
oh that sounds terrible! its something i worry about, coz my neighbours next to us dont get on with us. the son is in and out of prison, and when he is out of prison he plays music full blast at all hours and wakes us up! my dad went round once and asked them to turn it down... the next morning the air in our car tyres was out... then my rabbits hutch kept being opened, i thought at first that i just hadnt closed it right so after a few times of it happening, i started double checking it was locking fully... then one day it was opened again, and she got out im convinced it was them... so i wouldnt put it past them to call the RSPCA to cause trouble. anyways...

i can understand why the woman is angry and upset, but you have put measures in place to try and prevent it from happening again. maybe it is just hard for her to have lost 3 pets and yours is still happily living next door...

sorry to say it, but i would be majorly angry if i dog did that to my piggies...
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh dear
I hope this is the end of things - but just in case ask the RSPCA for a letter saying the nature of the complaint and the result and make a little file for it
Just incase!!
Trust me - a year into a neighbour dispute (my dog peed on his grass) I am living a nightmare and I wish I had got letters from everyone saying what happend at the time
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 09:35 PM
So sorry to hear this hopefully this will be the end of things....fingers xxxxxxxxx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 06:13 AM
For future reference----don't let the RSPCA in---take the dog out to see them if you feel OK to do so. Take pictures of the dog next to something with the days date on it---newspaper is best. Also contact you vet and ask for a letter to say your dog is healthy and well---take the dog to the vet if they want to see it before writing.

You were lucky, other people have let them in and had perfectly healthy happy dogs either removed or threatened to be removed.

They do not have the right to enter your premises.

rune
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
sorry to say it, but i would be majorly angry if i dog did that to my piggies...
Don't think you need to be sorry to say it - anyone would be angry & upset if that happened to their pets!

But....tragic accident.

No excuse for the lying to the RSPCA though .
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-04-2010, 07:48 AM
your neighbour is full of emotion over the incident and its turned to anger...probably grieving over the deaths of her pets as i'm sure you would over yours

take the emotion out of the situation and ask your neighbour what they want you to do to make up for it...i know you have offered to but new pigs but how would you feel if someone killed your dog and offered to buy you a new one?

push your own emotions to the side, ignore the RSPCA thing and approach the neighbour to ask what you can do to make up for what happened?

....if you don't they'll be waiting on the sidelines for you to give them a reason to get you back.....live peacefully which may mean a huge compromise on your part
pointyhound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-04-2010, 08:28 AM
How awful.
That really was uncalled for retaliation. You've put right the fence so it can't happen again and you've appologised there is nothing more you can do. A reasonable person would see through the greif and not do something as calculated as lie to the RSPCA.

As for letting them in the house or not. Surely NOT letting them in would have sparked thoughts of What are you hiding? It's a difficult situation when the RSPCA come round on a hoax. I know someone in a similar situation (but over a cat) and they did they same as you. Had a calm conversation with RSPCA inspector and all was well when they saw the dog was well cared for.

It seems to me you've handled the situation well so far.

No one on this forum knows your neighbours or what they'll do next, so I urge you to use your gut feeling on what you should do next. Maybe going round there ask talking about it could make the situation worse if they are the sort of people to do this. It might be worth leaving the dust to settle. Only you can judge. I know what I would do if it were my neighbours, but they are mine, not yours. Hope you see what I mean.

Thinking of you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Personally I would not leave your dog alone in your garden all day while you are out at work.

Your neighbors reaction is probable due to anger , and a getting even.

The visit has done no harm, the RSPCA will have seen this sort of thing all the time.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Personally I would not leave your dog alone in your garden all day while you are out at work.

Your neighbors reaction is probable due to anger , and a getting even.

The visit has done no harm, the RSPCA will have seen this sort of thing all the time.
I agree about not leaving your dog out in the garden all day unsupervised. On this occassion she has escaped and killed your neighbours guinea pigs which is very sad but she could also of got out onto the road and who knows what might have happened or worse she could be let out or stolen.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »