Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Grrrrrrr - Remember this thread . . .

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=149171 about a 15yr old foster girl I had in who bought a sharpei cross??

Well she was moved to a secure unit and yes she did get the dog The dog stayed with her mum whilst she was in the unit, she's out now and in a kids home type place, she laso spends a lot of time at her mums Her mum is refusing to hand the dog back over to her which is brill, they also have a gsd which is a really nice and well behaved dog, so I'm quite pleased the dog has an ok home.

I've just been on 'another site' only to read that this girl now has a pitbull I haven't seen any piccies but she's posted something along the lines of 'just woken up, slept all night with my baby pitbull '

I just despair I really do The types of people this girl still knocks about with are the scurge of society This poor dog.

What do I do?? If I report it I'll feel terrible for the dog as it will almost certainly be pts, she won't listen and not have the dog and I have no say anymore anyway

Grrrrrrrr - sometimes I so wish I could

Sorry - rant over
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Aww Leanne, you must be so frustrated

Is there anything you can do? Apart from speaking to her mum, perhaps? Is there not anyone who could do a good dognap?

What a shame for the poor dog. Bet she struggles looking after herself!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I know this might sound terrible and I could be way off, but could it be that she is looking for your attention/reaction?
I find it hard to believe that she has access to fb but not a camera phone to upload pics and show her new addition off.

Like I said, I could be way off...
Failing that would a staffie rescue help by contacting her?
wiriaify
New Member!
Female 

26-02-2012, 06:27 PM
That just makes me sad to hear. There are so many different aspects that are, well, not really ok in this scenario.
1) Irresponsible breeders selling dogs to incapable owners,
2) Irresponsible breeders selling dogs to minors,
are just two aspects that's not... great. I can understand your frustration. And I can also add that, in my country at least, there are legal ways to solve this problem, if i remember correctly and if the girl didn't buy them with her own money in particular... and I am sure there are such ways in your country as well (to forcde the breeder to take the pup back).

But anyway as for the girl, I am sure it is just a phase, just a pity an animal has to suffer for that. I honestly don't know what to say. I hope everything works out for you!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I know this might sound terrible and I could be way off, but could it be that she is looking for your attention/reaction?
I find it hard to believe that she has access to fb but not a camera phone to upload pics and show her new addition off.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have internet access and don't have a mobile that can take pictures. The only reason I have a mobile at all is because a long time ago a family member gave me theirs when they got a new one.

Let's just hope this dog ends up with her mother too. The alternative doesn't sound hopeful, especially if she's stupid enough to brag about having a "pit bull" when this could mean the dog is taken away and PTS.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I could say a lot on this subject, having worked with children from what the SS call 'Families in Crisis' for many years in the UK.

But I won't because most of it would be unprintable. Suffice to say that where neglected kids are concerned it became the case that the neglectful (often drug addicted parents) had more rights than the kid. So why would I be surprised that the 'neglected kid' had more rights than the dog?

I gave up the work in despair about what it had come to.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have internet access and don't have a mobile that can take pictures. The only reason I have a mobile at all is because a long time ago a family member gave me theirs when they got a new one.

Let's just hope this dog ends up with her mother too. The alternative doesn't sound hopeful, especially if she's stupid enough to brag about having a "pit bull" when this could mean the dog is taken away and PTS.
I know what your saying and I did say I could be completely wrong, although I was thinking of other reasons tbh. Up here kids in care have an allowance they have to get...etc etc, then most 15/16 have phones that take photos/can upload on payg, if not a friend will, then they would be tagged....

Hopefully the dog won't suffer.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Just think that sometimes, some kids look for a reaction and the proofof her having a "pitbull" would be a photo of her with it. I could be TOTALLY wrong but just a suggestion for BB to think about...only she knows if she would or would not do that...

And if she has one, other than contacting a bull breed rescue who know the ins and outs of keeping a banned breed on the register etc and maybe the social, then her hands are pretty much tied
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Should you be posting all this in here? That's a fair amount of identifying information, do foster carers not have a duty of confidentiality?

Don't want you getting in trouble!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Yeah she can and does upload piccies via her mobile, she knows exacly what she has and won't put piccies up because of the possible consequences - She's so street smart

I think she's looking for something to love but without outwardly showing any signs of 'weakness' and a 'hard' dog fits the bill

I can understand her reasons - however wrong they may be - however I find it difficult to understand the mentality of persons unknown who sell their dogs to kids but I suppose it'll keep em in weed for a week or so

I don't see much of her anymore, just random chats on [a social network] and an occasional visit
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >