View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Chevy's home and done with Surgery NEED HELP plz!!

I went and picked Chevy up today. A few things ive noticed that isnt quite Chevy

The vet said after surgury Chevy was quite bouncy and energetic I brought her home and as soon as i laid down she laid right by me and is now passed out sleeping and has been for awhile..Why would she be so energetic at the vet? but not at home?

and other thing i noticed shes been scratching at her ears frequently and has never done that before

and last but not least Chevy usually Knaws on her feet when she gets bored but now shes doing it even more
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Spaznchevy, it must be such a relief to have Chevy home safe and sound after surgery, but we do tend to watch them like hawks don't we!

I am wondering if it could be one of a couple of things causing the itchiness.........the first could be stress following being at the vet etc., and the sleepiness is natural after an anaesthetic. The second reason could be a reaction to something that was used during the operation. Even something as simple as the alcohol swab can set up a reaction.

I bet that once your dog gets over the anaesthetic and experience, all will return to norml. Fingers crossed anyway
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hi Spaznchevy, it must be such a relief to have Chevy home safe and sound after surgery, but we do tend to watch them like hawks don't we!

I am wondering if it could be one of a couple of things causing the itchiness.........the first could be stress following being at the vet etc., and the sleepiness is natural after an anaesthetic. The second reason could be a reaction to something that was used during the operation. Even something as simple as the alcohol swab can set up a reaction.

I bet that once your dog gets over the anaesthetic and experience, all will return to norml. Fingers crossed anyway
o yes ive been watching her like a hawk i cant help it though! thank you so much i greatly appcreciate the advice thank you