View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pammie123
New Member!
Female 

09-04-2010, 10:25 PM

About my dogs (new dog drinking a lot of water)

Hi Im Pammie123 and I have two beautiful greyhounds. one is 11 and is called Jez and the other is 3 and is called Jessica. we have only had Jessica for 3 days but are already noticing how much water she drinks. its quite alot, is this normal?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 06:04 AM
You might want to also post your question in the dog health section...... in the meantime....

Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi and welcome aboard
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 07:01 AM
If you have only had her for 3 days she may be feeling a bit stressed as she gets used to her new surroundings which would make her drink more, is she panting too?
Just keep an eye on her. My male greyhound drinks much more than my female and he always has, thats just him!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi Pammie and welcome to Dogsey this thread is on a similar topic and may be of interest to you...

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=120785
pointyhound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-04-2010, 08:25 AM
We notice that our lurcher won't drink when he's stressed and then has a good old guzzle when the stress has gone.

Maybe your new arrival is glad to be out of kennels?

Our lurcher is a guzzler in general though, so he'll stock up with a big drink in the evening but won't have anything throuhg out the day. You think he's drunk alot, but then you realise other dogs just have a bit here and there.

Might be worth a trip to the vet for a check up - blood test for vital organ function maybe? It might just be her settling in.
pammie123
New Member!
Female 

10-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by monkeydonkey View Post
If you have only had her for 3 days she may be feeling a bit stressed as she gets used to her new surroundings which would make her drink more, is she panting too?
Just keep an eye on her. My male greyhound drinks much more than my female and he always has, thats just him!
Thanks for that info. yes she is panting alot and I was wondering if she was still a bit stressed. she seems content enough though and enjoys her walks. Its like having a new baby in the house!
thanks for your help
pammie123
New Member!
Female 

10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
You might want to also post your question in the dog health section...... in the meantime....

Thanks everyone for your replys. As I am new to this site I am probably replying to the threads all wrong, so please excuse me if I am. but I can see myself getting addicted to reading eveeryones blogs etc

pammie x