View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 08:58 PM

Keep your fingers and paws crossed for me!!

As you know, I went to the Dogs Trust on Saturday, and I foung a dog I like. Sadly, they wont hold him for me, because hes ready to go now......

Keep your fingers and paws crossed that noone snaps him up in the next week or so....... 12 days and I can go back and reserve him! :love:
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
As you know, I went to the Dogs Trust on Saturday, and I foung a dog I like. Sadly, they wont hold him for me, because hes ready to go now......

Keep your fingers and paws crossed that noone snaps him up in the next week or so....... 12 days and I can go back and reserve him! :love:

They won't let you reserve this dog now?

Great that you found a dog you want to adopt - fingers crossed for you that it works out
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
They won't let you reserve this dog now?

Great that you found a dog you want to adopt - fingers crossed for you that it works out
No

I will be ready at the end of next week but the lady was actually a bit rude and said no. I even offered to pay there and then.....double! They weren't full but I guess they have the dogs interests at heart really.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Oh dear, why won't they let you reserve the dog? I have always found that DT are happy to do this.

When you say that he is "ready to go" does that mean that he is neutered etc.

I do hope that if you have fallen in love with him that the right outcome is realised. Good luck.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh dear, why won't they let you reserve the dog? I have always found that DT are happy to do this.

When you say that he is "ready to go" does that mean that he is neutered etc.

I do hope that if you have fallen in love with him that the right outcome is realised. Good luck.
Yes, hes neutered and has been given the all clear to go. Maybe I was just unfortunate with the member if staff dealing with me, she was a weekend staff and not overwhelmingly friendly.......when filling in sheets or findin info about the dogs, she was silent, with her lips pursed......I felt awkward

I fell for him because he was calm in the kennel, but came up for a sniff. He pulled on the lead, but thats ok. He is good with other dogs. When I took him to a concrete pen and let him off the lead, he ran about but was responsive to treats and when I sat on the floor, he came over to me, sniffed, and let me stroke him. He was happy to be touched all over, chest, tummy, head, tail, paws ....and actually snuggled onto my lap .... :love:
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Fingers, toes & everything else crossed xx
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here Hope you get him! Might it be worth ringing up the center during the day and asking someone else if they can put him on hold?
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I agree with the previous poster - why don't you call the centre today and speak to another member of staff? Explain that you have fallen for this dog and that you would love to adopt him! I imagine they would want to complete a home check for you first but after that, since the dog is ready, I don't understand why you need to wait?

If it's any consolation, my friend went to the RSPCA on Sunday to meet a dog, and she found them pretty unhelpful too
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone, great idea. I'll call later today Thanks!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
how do you mean they wont let you reserve? Unless they have changed things since I got Kerrie ( 5 years ago this week ) I went on the sat, reserved her, had the home check on tuesday, she was spayed on the wednesday, then came home on the saturday

I dont think they reserve unless they feel you are 100% going to take this dog, other wise how many "chances" would the dog miss out on?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >