Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Eastenders last night.

What has nasty Lucas done with Sugar the gorgeous Bernese ?

I hope he hasn't thrown her in the river, I know its only a tv programme but the thought of it made me feel emotional it would of it was any dog but because this is my chosen breed and I have one sitting at my feet looking at me with those same eyes that get into your soul it was 10x times worse.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I was getting worked up too when I saw what mMarcus was trying to do too - I'm sure Sugar is too clever for him though & will come back - I hope she digs up wots-his-face from under the tree & nasty Marcus gets locked up for life!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Glad its not just me then. It was the way she was looking at him as they were walking along I thought you can't do that to her.

It was bad enough when he had her tied up at the allotments.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2010, 06:13 PM
We were the same in this house too Even though it is only a soap it isn't a very good example to set of how to rid yourself of a pet!!!

I am hoping she will be back though! It's one thing to murder Trina and Owen but not a lovely dog
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
We were the same in this house too Even though it is only a soap it isn't a very good example to set of how to rid yourself of a pet!!!

I am hoping she will be back though! It's one thing to murder Trina and Owen but not a lovely dog
Exactly my thoughts not a good example.

Shouldn't laugh really but quite agree with the Trina and Owen thing another matter completely getting rid of a lovely animal.
JaniceH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Not sure what to make of their response.

In this climate with so many animals being dumped or put into rescue I personally think it was not a good idea.

Its also not a good idea to murder people either, but is it because we are dog lovers it affects us more ?

Thing is with murdering characters in a soap or film you get to make an opinion of the person. You know it isn't real and they are very clever in making you dislike that person and pleased to see them get get their come uppance.

With animals its different they are not people and can not do things to make you feel badly against them.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 08:14 AM
It really upset me too. I hope she does come back and dig up the body and Lucas gets his just deserts.
I was actually appalled that the BBC gave people wanting rid of thier pets more ideas.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I was also watching it and worrying what that nasty piece of work was about to do...lets face it, if he can be mean enough to murder a human being he can have it in him to be just as mean to a poor defensless creature...I know it's make believe but it's one storyline I think unnecessary.