Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Students

hi, I have a few weeks after summer between years at uni, Im hoping to get bank nursing jobs but im guessing everyone will be doing the same. Can I claim job seekers if i cant get work???
Thanks
ATD x
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Usually no: you're still considered to be in full time education during the holidays. I think the only exception is for single parents, but you'd have to speak to the job centre about that.

I guess there will be stiff competition for summer jobs. Consider making enquiries now, rather than leaving it till closer to the time. And keep an open-mind about the jobs you're prepared to do. I don't know whether you have experience of nursing, or whether it's relevant to your degree, but whatever work you do will help you to develop transferable skills - sometimes ones you'd never even have thought of.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Usually no: you're still considered to be in full time education during the holidays. I think the only exception is for single parents, but you'd have to speak to the job centre about that.

I guess there will be stiff competition for summer jobs. Consider making enquiries now, rather than leaving it till closer to the time. And keep an open-mind about the jobs you're prepared to do. I don't know whether you have experience of nursing, or whether it's relevant to your degree, but whatever work you do will help you to develop transferable skills - sometimes ones you'd never even have thought of.
Im willing to do anthing tbh. Its a nursing degree im doing, and I have done homecare work too
ATD