Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:37 PM

I did the right thing!

so i went to my local post office yesterday (which i don't use much) and there was a new guy serving. i wanted to take out my child benefit and duly put the card in the machine. i knew that it would amount to a whopping £60 so i was more than taken aback as he started to count out a heck of a lot more!!

infact he was counting out £260 as he'd read the amount wrongly. i told him it was too much and the correct amount was £60. he looked again and seemed shocked to realise that he was about to give me a heck of a lot more than i was due.

bottom line for me is that i am struggling with money. due to certain circumstances this year, my income has decreased by a lot!! but, i feel happy that i did the right thing.

consciences are funny things aren't they? i could really do with an extra couple of hundred but had i taken that money i would have known that i had stolen it from you! i just couldn't do it and my gut reaction was to fess up and say there was a mistake.

please karma, come and see me one day!!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Well done you How you feel about yourself can't be bought
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Well done you How you feel about yourself can't be bought
you are so right!! i think i really learnt this when i was giving up smoking. i'd think oh, i'll have a cigarette and not tell anyone! doh! i realised very quickly that i was actually just fooling myself! it's a simple lesson but an invaluable one!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Well done, at least you can sleep with a clear conscience
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Well Done Hun It's such a great feeling isn't it. I was in asda a few months ago, someone must have asked for cashback at the quickpay machines......I went and found £20, no one was around so I took it to the store manager He promised that if the owner of the money came back, he'd personally make sure they got their money back
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well done, at least you can sleep with a clear conscience
yep, and that is what it is all about as far as i'm concerned!!

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Well Done Hun It's such a great feeling isn't it. I was in asda a few months ago, someone must have asked for cashback at the quickpay machines......I went and found £20, no one was around so I took it to the store manager He promised that if the owner of the money came back, he'd personally make sure they got their money back
funny thing is that happened to me aswell!! a few months back my daughter and i were at tesco express and as we were walking in i heard the cash machine beeping. there was a wad of cash in the dispenser which i promptly took out and then gave it too the manager. found out a couple of days later that an elderly lady had come in hoping someone had handed it in.

well, we do the right thing lou!! like youngstevie said, we can sleep at night!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
My foster son found £10 in the back of the taxi the other day....and handed it to the taxi driver.

Nice reward for Foster son....taxi driver said as your so honest here's a £5 for you
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2009, 11:29 PM
My foster son found £10 in the back of the taxi the other day....and handed it to the taxi driver.

Nice reward for Foster son....taxi driver said as your so honest here's a £5 for you
that is just lovely. a good deed rewarded by another good deed! i love it!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 12:57 AM

Bless him It's such a good feeling I've lost money in the past, it's such a horrible feeling, so nice to have honest people in this world
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Nothing like a clear conscience
I hope that soon you'll have more money than you can dream of
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >