Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Hungarian Viszla - Fur Blemishes

We have a 14 week old HV and recently two small, what can only be described as blemishes/patches of darker coloured fur have appeared. At first we thought he had brushed against some grease but after a couple of washes they won't go, so we are assuming is a fur blemish.

Has anyone else experienced this on HV.'s?

Bandi.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bandi View Post
We have a 14 week old HV and recently two small, what can only be described as blemishes/patches of darker coloured fur have appeared. At first we thought he had brushed against some grease but after a couple of washes they won't go, so we are assuming is a fur blemish.

Has anyone else experienced this on HV.'s?

Bandi.
It's quite common in this breed from what I've been told. I went to view a litter of HWV's a couple of weeks ago and the breeder told me that one pup had a darker patch on it's fur where the old fur had fallen out due to trauma. It seems that with this breed if the fur falls out it grows back darker for some reason?
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2009, 10:13 AM
This seems to be a problem with HV and HWV I know quite a few HWV that have bald patches, though I don't know what causes it
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2009, 12:32 PM
not sure if it"s the same thing because he never lost any fur these darker "spots" just seemed to appear over night. we really did think that something had dripped on him! Thanks for your replies I"ll see how he goes.