View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:44 PM

After all those nice walks, it was bound to happen!

Decided to take the dogs on a 2nd walk at 10.30 am. up on the green coz I had a friend coming for lunch so needed to be quick. Big mistake! Parked up opposite as I always do (but normally it's 11.30 and nobody about). Walked onto the green, both dogs on leads, and noticed this black staffie careering round the whole of the green with it's owner right down at the other end, so I ummed and arred about whether to get back in car and go on up to another walk, but then thought, why the h*ll should I!!! I kept both my dogs on leads, kept an eye on the loose dog, who I might add, I've known for the past year when it was a puppy, causing havoc with all the other dog walkers on the green coz the guy had absolutely NO control over it back then and there was no improvement a year down the line! The staffie decided I was too slow for him to carry on up to us, so he then started doing zoomies all around the middle, and the owner was slowly catching up, as I edged my way along the top edge with both dogs still onlead. As he got closer, I called over to him and said "is your dog friendly, because I have a puppy here on a lead minding her own business" to which he snapped back at me "I'm just trying to catch him", so I stood there As he caught him, he put him onlead, he had another dog miles behind who was offlead following up the rear too He started coming over to me, and I explained that my puppy was pinned down by a staffie 3 weeks ago in the woods, and she's not too keen on them herself now, and thanked him for putting his onlead. Then he starts walking over to me with the dog and said it's not a full staffie, they're the ones you gotta watch, this was half bull breed blah, blah, blah, and as it got nearer, I was game to let Zena go and greet it, but then she barked at it, WELL, all hell broke lose, the staffie was snapping and snarling and lungeing at her as she then ran behind my legs, jumped up at my face and cut my lip, and I then said, "you see, I knew your dog was like that" to which he replied "it's not so much this one you've got to be wary of, it's the other one, she'll have her" as he pointed to his other black bitsa dog walking up the path towards him!! So I then shouted at him "well it should be on a bl**dy lead then"!!! He then told the dog to "get her"!!!! Now if that isn't a threat, I don't know what is!!! Well, I totally lost it, and asked him if he was aware of the new dda laws and quoted from them, to which he got very aggressive, came over to me WITH the bl**dy staffie and tried to stick his chest out at me and tower over me, but me being me, I wasn't intimidated in the slightest, and vented off at him, that if his dog attacks mine I will kick the fecking sh*t out of it!! He then got madder!!! Obviously! Lol! I emphasized that both my dogs WERE onlead, they were doing nothing wrong, but I didn't want HIS dog running riot and coming up to mine, so what's the problem??? He pointed across to a rottie in the middle of the green offlead with an older couple, and told me that's the one I should be watching, but I answered that it WAS under control even though it wasn't on a lead and it wasn't aggressive, but he said it was, but then he would wouldn't he! I also told him it's a good job I walk my dogs at 7 am. when there are proper dog walkers about who have some etiquette instead of w*ankers like him who don't have a clue! Oh I was soooooo aggressive! Further on, we met a young man with a springer, so I apologised to him if he overheard (coz I'm not the quietest of peops!) as Zena played with his springer offlead coz the other plank had gone up the other end of the green with his dog still onlead! I told this man what the other bloke had said to his dog to "get her" and he said he'd better not say that to him coz he'd flatten him!!

If I want to walk my dogs on a lead, in a public place, under control, why the bl**dy hell do I have to put up with out of control, aggressive dogs running amock around me then????!!!

When I just told Dave he said I'm going to have to get some kind of protection, not for Zena, but for myself, coz he said, one of these days I'm gonna open big gob to the wrong person and pay the price, as if I care!!! He reckons a pepper spray should be legal enough, and that would work IF a dog ever did try to attack Zena, so maybe I'll get one of those. I told him to get me a stun gun off his policeman friend, but he said that's a bit too ott!

I am NEVER going out again at that time of the day when all the w*nkers are about!!!

Rant over!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
ooooooooo H well done!

we really dont need idiots like him do we. you did well. proud of you.

ice lollies for the lip.
dogloverr
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-06-2009, 05:56 PM
well done for givin him a piece of your mind. its idiots like that who give staffy owners a bad name.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Bladdy hell!!

You should report him to the police! That was a clear threat to you.
If that were me I would have done the same, sounds like the pepper spray is a good idea, esp if your in those woods on your own.
Hope your feeling calmer now, you can do without all that. numpty
Elaine xxx
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd have punched him f***in moron
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:04 PM
never mind helena ,funny how you set out for walk ,and bump into idiots like that . like you say yours were on lead . he was in the wrong ,had you not been alone ,he poss wouldnt have been ,so brave to mouth of at you . i would deff give him a wide berth next time ,cant you walk some where else . your husband is right though , he could have turned on you ,he sounds like the type . its not worth it people are getting more and more aggressive
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Bladdy hell!!

You should report him to the police! That was a clear threat to you.
If that were me I would have done the same, sounds like the pepper spray is a good idea, esp if your in those woods on your own.
Hope your feeling calmer now, you can do without all that. numpty
Elaine xxx
or small can of hairspray that make him think twice
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I've been thinking about reporting him, because to ME, that was a threat, whether he meant for his dog to get ME or Zena, it doesn't really matter does it, it's still a thread and he said it TWICE too!!! By that time though, I was just wanting to get my dog calmed down (old Georgie did nothing, but Zena was super hyped up, but then of course, she'd read ME hadn't she!!!) and move on past the bl**dy idiot! He wears one of those very long macs with one of those leather hats, and I'm suspecting he might be a bit of a gypo (nothing against gypo's I have a lot of friends who ARE btw!) so no wonder I got his back up and probably, if it hadn't of been for the other couple closeby in the middle with that rottie, he might well have given me a slap! Lol! I'm going to ring some of my nicer dog walking peops who use that green every morning, because they know all about this man from when his dog was a puppy and we were all fed up with it then running amock and nipping our dogs, and see if they know where he lives and depending on how I feel tomorrow I might just go for it! I told him I'm gonna bl**dy have him too if his dog attacked me!!! Oh I can't believe just HOW aggressive I was, but having Zena with me rather than a fully grown gsd I suppose it made me a tad overprotective, but then again, we were doing nothing wrong, I just didn't want to be accosted or interferred with by his bl**dy dog and why should I too!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
How awful! you should definitely carry something with you like a spray but do phone the police. I've been on the receiving end of similar (a woman effd and blinded and called me a name that began with a 'C' because I shook my head when she yelled, "I effing hate dogs" at her off lead dogs that were running all over the road - they weren't even hers. Then when I mouthed back, she tried to follow me into the field with intent ) and the police said I was right to inform them.
Blimey, H, I hope you and Zena are okay.
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
never mind helena ,funny how you set out for walk ,and bump into idiots like that . like you say yours were on lead . he was in the wrong ,had you not been alone ,he poss wouldnt have been ,so brave to mouth of at you . i would deff give him a wide berth next time ,cant you walk some where else . your husband is right though , he could have turned on you ,he sounds like the type . its not worth it people are getting more and more aggressive
Yes, I have loads of places to walk around here, but I only wanted a short walk, let Zena have her ball, just a nice little amble up on our village green, and I bet he doesn't even LIVE in this village either, bl**dy moron! The trouble is, it's a quick fix not a long walk, they'd had their long walk at 7 am. this morning, I just needed to get them out so that they'd be nice and quiet for my friend and I to enjoy our relaxing lunch, and instead of that I was so wound up when she came round, I was shaking with rage quite honestly!! She laughed and said it's such a pity we have planks like him about when it's supposed to be a pleasure to walk your dogs isn't it!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »