Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Is this right (Postie query)

Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise me if this is right or not.

In the last 2 or 3 weeks we have a new postie, he is a young lad and a couple of times he has someone else doing his rounds with him, this other person is young as well, and not in uniform, this morning this 'friend' was going through the post cart and delivering some of the mail as well, to me this doesn't seem to be right, but what do you think, is it just me that thinks it's wrong, or is it nothing to worry about.

Thank you
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 12:27 PM
That seems a tad suspicious to me. If I were you I'd get on to Royal Mail about it.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 12:41 PM
No that's not right, even if it is all innocent, when you work for the Royal Mail you are officially acting for the Queen and have to sign a something or other...I know that because BIL is a Postie too!!!!
I would be having words with your local sorting office.
Elaine xxxx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Even if postie is perfectly innocent he is opening himself to a lot of trouble as people have seen this other person going through mail. Anyone could say they hadn't received mail and they saw non postie looking through it.

I think you should have a word with sorting office