View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kh1981
New Member!
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:02 AM

Bear keeps messing on the floor in the morning! Help!

My little Cairn Terrier/Jack Russell cross is 1 1/2 years old. I got him almost a year ago after he has 2 previous owners. He chewed a few bits n bobs around the house so I started crate training which was a disaster, he would mess all over the place and needed a bath every night. He started to behave when I stopped the crate training and everything has been ok since until recently.

He started to poo right at the front door - must have been during the night as it was there for me getting up in the morning. He eventually stopped this but has started doing it again but under the dining room table - this has been going on for weeks now. He has also started peeing there too which is ruining my white wooden flooring! I dont know what to do, he gets out several times during the day and night and is given lots of attention and comes everywhere with me so it seems he is playing up for some reason!?

Any suggestions? Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
There could be lots of reasons but it could also be a simple matter of adjusting the times he is fed and let out etc.
What time is the last time he goes out in the evening and what time is he out in the morning. What time do you feed him and walk him?
Becky
kh1981
New Member!
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:15 AM
He gets out at 8am before I go to work. He is fed at 11am when the dog walker goes in then gets walked. He is then let out and fed again at 6pm. He is out a couple of times during the evening then just before I go to bed about 11pm. I dont think I could get him in any more of a routine and he surely doesnt need the toilet durind the night?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
That looks ok time wise to me so it could be that something is upsetting him during the night. Have there been any disturbances locally?
Becky
kh1981
New Member!
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I wouldnt think so, it's a quiet area I live in and I am a light sleeper so would know if he was upset during the night I think I'd know.
I just feel bad being annoyed at him every morning if there's something actually wrong.

Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Has anything in your household changed recently? Have you changed his food?
Becky