Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2009, 07:35 PM

Getting Milly spayed

Hi every one can you please help? Milly needs spaying asap and the cost at our vets is going to be in the region of £170and although I understand the importance of this operation, I can't afford this all at once, does anyone know if there is any help out there, even just on the short term. The PDSA can't help, you have to be on housing benefit for them to help. If anyone has got any suggestion I would be most grateful.
Sarah
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
rspca...or your local council/dog warden might be able to help with vouchers
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I would ring around quite a few vets in your area for quotes as the price can and does vary alot in the same area believe it or not same goes for boosters ect.
Another thing some not ALL rspca branches offer vouchers towards the cost of a neuter/spay and you do not have to be in receipt of benifits of any kind. This is because they want to prevent unwanted litters.
hope this helps you a little
Michelle
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Have you asked your vet if he could do a monthly payment scheme for this at all? I know a friend of mine did this with her vet for an expensive operation, I'm sure they can bend their rules for such instances, it's got to be worth a try hasn't it? If not, maybe try another vet and ask them if they would do monthly payments? Failing that, you're just going to have to put money aside each week/month until you've got enough perhaps if nobody else can help you out. I wish you all the best in getting lots of help!